First E-Board build on a low budget!

Hi, Any tips about how to wire this up? Still learning about batteries and feeling a little daunted with wiring things in series and then finding a way to easily recharge through a case

How much for the motor mount? :slight_smile:

looks to me like you have got it all covered. if you want to charge though the case just run the leads to the outside of the case like this: (obviously if you have XT60 then you will not have Dean’s but you get the idea)

I’ve decided to keep it for now.

@outsider Sorry for the late reply, but i run the batteries in series directly into the ESC, and to recharge I have to unscrew my case and remove the batteries. It’s tedious, but until I have more time and I can find out how to wire it directly out of the case, I have to deal with it. Hey, @lowguido , could you post a pic of your wiring and how you connect your batteries to the ESC and outside the case?

Its here. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/beautiful-diagrams-no-words-just-pics/3179/4

@NNGG How fast can that motor go/ is there a wattage to speed conversion?

Use the esk8 calculator

1 Like

Thanks @NNGG

Hey man where is that motor mount kit for only 75$

sorry I’m late, but TQ has discontinued that particular kit. you can look on his website for something similar

Hi I am new I want to make a e-skateboard I am on a budget I bought these 2 esc and 2 motor off hobbyking and would like to know which Lipo I can used to get max speed etc

Dual motor

The Turnigy SK3 motors are suited to modelers who are seeking a quality brushless motor without compromise. Specs. Turns: 14T Voltage: 3~4S Lipoly RPM/V: 1200kv Internal resistance: 0.028 Ohm Max Loading: 38A Max Power: 560W Shaft Dia: 5.0mm Bolt holes: 25mm Bolt thread: M3 Weight: 111g Motor Plug: 3.5mm Bullet Connector

Specification: Max Cont Current: 40A Max Burst Current: 50A for 10 seconds Input Voltage: 2-6 cells li-XX or 6-16 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery BEC: 5.5V/5A Switching BEC PWM: 8~16 KHz Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor PCB Size: 50x25x12mm Weight: 43g (including wires)

Those motors and esc will not work very well for esk8. It is possible but you will need a large gear reduction ratio to achieve a good amount of torque.

Read this

1 Like

Hi I changed my esc and motor 2 each what do you think

Specs. Schaltet: 18T Spannung: 10S Lipo RPM / V: 190kv Innenwiderstand: 0,028 Ohm Max Belastung: 65A Max Leistung: 2450W Wellen - Ø: 8,0mm Bolzenlöcher: 32mm Bolzengewinde: M4 Gewicht: 697g Motorstecker: 4 mm Rundstecker

n: Max Cont Strom: 60A Max Burst Strom: 80A für 10 Sekunden Eingangsspannung: 2-6 Zellen Li-XX oder 6-16 Ni-MH / Ni-Cd - Batterie BEC: 5,5V / 6A Switching BEC PWM: 8 ~ 16 KHz Max RPM: 240,000rpm für 2 Pole Brushless Motor PCB Größe: 50x32x12mm Gewicht: 63g (inklusive Kabel) ** Programmierkarte benötigt Einstellung zu ändern

Looks better, for the esc though I would recommend either a Vesc or a Xcar beast esc

What the best lipo you would recommend

40c or above. 25c is also okay but you’ll have more sag.

Thank you very much bro

Minimum Capacity: 12000mAh Configuration: 6S1P / 22.2V / 6Cell Constant Discharge: 10C Peak Discharge (10sec): 20C Pack Weight: 1610g Pack Size: 183 x 77 x 56mm Charge Plug: JST-XH Discharge Plug: XT90

Dont buy that multistar shit… they`re more like 4c