First build Project.. Upgrading MBS Colt to Electric 2wd Mountainboard

Can you precise which are the things u are struggling with now?

btw - where did your profile pic go? it was nice kind of like seeing your face… if it was you… more personal n such :smiley:

Yes, too many questions, not enough specific answers. Much respect. I have been as specific with my answers and requests as i can be for the moment and thanks for the replies. Please see my previous posts for further detail. I prefer to take one step at a time.

Yes if u can make the mounts yourself… will be chesper. (Should be)

Vesc 6. Ask @trampa personally, not sure havent you @Journ ‘missed the train’ already,

Cant offer.direct.links for.remote.

Just.look.up ‘mini remote’ it is mentioned on the forum :wink:

2nd option - benchwheel remote (seems to.be.good also.but.i.think.it.had.thumb control)

[EDIT]

IT is still possible to get vesc 6… but yeh be prepared to pay a bit more for something that’s new and seems it might be way more reliable than vesc 4 was :slight_smile: (so good for mountainboard I assume)

1 Like

Thanks again. It’s a computer, hard to know what i or anyone really means by words… “The finger pointing at the moon is not the moon” ~Zen saying .lol. I messaged already about the Vesc6.0 and just waiting for a reply. If i can get two Vesc.6.0 that is where i felt i needed to start after the board becuase the brains are important.

Okay now i am seeking two gear drives that fit my tires. Sorry i am still learning the correct terminology.

I am flexible to what type as long as it fits… belt drive or direct drive or gear on gear drive… again the consistant terminology is also something i am requesting help with.

1 Like

put on youtube, then u can insert it here easly… maybe direct option is also possible, but i think with youtube it will be easier… and im not sure would anybody would watch anything that is longer than 10mins anyways…

I tried a direct link & embeded code but neither posted a video.

Garbage? Sorry Technical difficulties are now resolved at least for pictures…

1 Like

^Garbage? Or can i utilize them?

Garbage. Those are old RC batteries, either NiMH or even worse, NiCad. Not to mention they’re only 1200mAh (we’re dealing with batteries closer to 5000 or 10,000 mAh)

You’d have to have at least 4 or so of those end to end to get the voltage I’d recommend (26V or about 6s for Lithium Polymer or Lithium Ion) and to get any sort of range you’re looking at probably 4 side by side. Basically to match under $100 for 2 lithium batteries (2x 6s, 5000mAh zippy packs) you’d need 16 of those packs. And that’s not even getting into how much current they can actually supply.

1 Like
1 Like

Idk why that was so hard but finally it worked.

This video shows one way to utilize the Mbs trucks.

Good that you made it working! What esc did you end up using?

Nice solution with the mbs trucks made for brakes… let’s hope it stays that way and nothing breaks apart :slight_smile:

What speed/ range do you get out of this setyp anyways? Maybe shed some more technical details in non-video format, if you can :wink:

Still like your deck with the cosmos… as in the beginning, though I think you said at one point u would better want to make something custom anyways hah

Well i am still interested in the 2 Vesc 6.0’s but have not yet seen enough to purchase them yet. I need to know it is the Best for steep hills and i need to see that other people have recieved them and are happy before i purchase two.

vesc x seems to work out fine. check @Duffman posts, he has some ‘‘reinforced’’ vesc’s as they are now…

Sleeping lion FVT 120 12s escs still seem to need some tuning and the right software to run properly…

If vesc X seems to work somewhat fine up to 40-45A constant, I think with 10s system U should be somewhat covered… dunno how well it would work for other voltages… but just bear in mind that 40A per vesc at 36v nominal, would yield about 1440w per motor.

Ok, it is not the 2-2.5kw maximum you might get out of turnigy’s… but I think 2.9kw would still be quite okay for climbing hills at moderate speed…

1 Like

That video is someone in Denmarks build but i wanted to reference the video cuz he did a good job utilizing the holes on the MBS trucks. I am actually thinking about a different design…

oh I see :smiley: yeh I somewhat thought that something is not totally right in the video :smiley: and how the heck (in what time) you did manage to design all the parts and make it all work…

though, thanks for sharing… good luck figuring out the best setup then…

1 Like