Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Glad that your happy with your 6 km/h limit.:joy:

maybe we should use the nunchuck Z button to unlock speed instead of having the reverse function :wink:

Actually - is there a way to, let’s say, have the VESC fallback into the 6km/h mode as soon as the remote disconnects? that would be super stealthy if the police ever stops you while you are in the fast mode.

That would be hard to identify because the receiver sends a default signal when it looses connection. So for the VESC it looks like everything is ok. But it depends on the receiver. If you have a on off switch instead of a loop key it should be easy to switch back to default.

@Ackmaniac is there a way to update your firmware via bluetooth via the HM-10 module?

No. And I also think it will cause issues because of the 20 Byte restriction of Bluetooth low energy. For 200 Kb you need to send 10000 individual packages. And if one of them is missing the upload would fail. And you also need to adjust the settings after you flashed the firmware.

If I want to drive it with 6 km/h. What settings would you suggest me? The actual setting is:

Motor Max: 50 A Motor Min: -50A Batt Max: 40 A Batt Min: -12 A Watt max: 250 W with 6 km/h

When I reach that speed limit there is a srange noise coming from the motor. It sounds like “I want to drive faster, but im limited” :grin:

I would limit the Motor max to 20A or even less and the max watts to 75 watts if you have a dual drive. It should be that low because when the motor is slower than 6 km/h it trys to accelerate to full speed immediately. But you wnat it to be soft in this case. Otherwise it always switches between full power, minimal power, full power, minimal power. It has a ramping in between so the best would be to set the ERPM limit start in the PPM settings to 0 or 1000 ERPM and the end to a the speed where you reach 6 km/h. This way it ramps slowly. The Battery min and motor min should be as always because you still want strong brakes.

Nice, thank you. I will try that out :slight_smile:

Is there a way to set reverse so that when you press the brakes it doesn’t go to reverse automatically when rpm is low enough, like double tapping brakes to go backwards. Also is there a way to set up max watt for reverse for example on car ESCs I can set to 25% of total power.

A max watt limit for reverse isn’t there. But with a nice throttle curve it shouldn’t be a issue. And there is the possibility with the double reverse. It is a new feature of the newest version of the Mod. It is described in the first post of this thread.

I downloaded the firmware​ yesterday and put it in watt mode and on the bench the brakes went straight to reverse. Let me try it again

Okay I’ll adjust throttle curve. I only need reverse to bring the board back to me, don’t need to go 30mph in reverse.

Just read the first post in this Thread. There i explain how to setup reverse so that you have to brake twice for reverse. And if you want that the board comes back then just simply only use a little throttle.

Okay, thanks forgot to check the box for max erpm for direction switch. My main concern for not having a max watt for reverse is if I lend the board to someone I’m pretty sure they’re going to launch it in reverse. I still do that sometimes in my car esc, but max speed is 5mph since I can set it to 25% power.

I think the question is if you limit the max watt normally, will it also limit it in the reverse direction.

Hi Ackmaniac, do you think, it’s possible to add the “Enable maximum ERPM for direction switch” option also for Nunchuks?

You mean you want to get rid of the reverse button and just press the brake twice instead? I think the reverse button is more advanced. One thing that is nicer in ppm is the ability that when you move already quick in the reverse direction you don’t need to press anything. That is good for tricks where you do 180s withe the board.

No, keep the reverse button but as a safety feature when riding at higher speed. Just an add on, sort of deactivate the reverse button above a certain erpm treshold. Do you think this would make sense?

Doesn’t the VESC do this already? I am pretty sure I have already accidentally hit the reverse button and the VESC did not try to go backwards while going forward - but I might be wrong here.

Benjamin showed that it works on the workbench - nice feature for copters when you reverse from full throttle in one direction to the other. I don’t have the balls to try it in full speed on the road - maybe you will give it a try :innocent:

Any way to have the android app show total distance traveled when reviewing the recorded logs? Right now it shows total time.