Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

This is really impressive ! But it’s a shame that so many genius build their own app instead putting effort together to build a very powerful and unique tool for smartphone.

I assume you modified the serialization of GET_VALUES command through UART ? That means that other app using standard VESC communication protocl won’t work anymore after flashing your firmware ? I currently worked as beta tester on another app (VESC Monitor) so I can’t use your firmware for that reason :frowning:

I only use bldc, never messed with FOC.

@Pimousse I added my own commands. So the standard commands like GET_VALUES are still working. Have fun. Wanted to make sure that it works with everything else which is existing.

2 Likes

I’ll have a look at your code to understand ! Thanks ! :wink:

Made a dry test on the workbench: releasing the button when decelerating switches to direct braking. Don’t know how hard it is. I will figure it out gradually when I’m on the board next time wearing protections :mask: My Nunchuk settings are completely standard, I didn’t change anything. Curious about your idea.

Ackmaniac, where are you from? I also built a Nunchuk-NRF according to Vedder, so maybe you can give this one a try.

Can I compile your firmware for V4.7 or is it hooked only to newer HW versions? I thought it would be interesting how your power-controller performs on the Dual-Motor-Setup of my Dual-Motor eTrampa when trying a wheely … there I need instant power and any time-lag is hard to handle.

I don’t think it works below version 4.10. But i only know that normally for versions below 4.10 there is another firmware file available. Maybe it works maybe it doesn’t. Maybe somebody else knows what are the differences.

@Ackmaniac, do you have a tutorial for installing your BLDC Tool version on Ubuntu ? I created a VM with latest version and follow Vedder website to install his version, but unsuccessfully. I was planning to install yours after that.

Download the source zip he has in his dropbox. Then just install it exactly like you would vedders. That’s how I got it working.

For me it also didn’t work the first time. only way that i could install it was with Ubuntu 14.04 with 32 Bit. A newer version or 64bit version didn’t work for me. But i saw from SeanHacker that he got it working with version 16 in 64bit. So maybe he can help you out. I am not really a linux expert. I am more into programming than system administration.

@Pimousse What Ubuntu version are you using. What steps have you taken to get it working so far?

I followed Vedder instructions : http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/ (starting at the half of the page). But I got some errors during the process.

Then i would recommend to post a screenshot of your errors.

I got this error at the first command line as well. :confused:

Seems like your repo list is corrupt.

Another process is using dpkg. You need to kill whatever it is or wait for it to finish. Also. What version of Ubuntu are you using. It’s trying to install trusty packages and xenial?

That might help

Yeah, he has the pkg manager open probably. And he is trying to install trusty pkg on xenial, which is bad and wont work.

Do “sudo apt-get update” before downloading any packages.

Erff, it’s (almost) the first time I use linux (just played a bit with a RaspPi). :smile: Thanks for the great support guys ! I’m using the latest version (download this evening (16.04.1 64 bits). Should I download another one ?

Do you normally use windows?. Then you also can take the windows version in the dropbox folder.

No, I’m using OSX :confused:

Thanks to the link to your link @Ackmaniac I have no error anymore with the “lock” stuff :slight_smile:
But now, it seems that my repos are not good, right ?