Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

try replacing trusty by xenial in the sudo apt-get install command you’re running

Not working (same error message).

Hmm, seems that the repos are out of date, and also you need to enable untrusted repos

IT WORKS !! As you guessed @chinzw, I has repos missing. So I use gedit sources.list and uncomment universe and multiverse and follow again Vedder instruction, no it works.

I now try with @Ackmaniac github to install his version of BLDC-Tool Thanks guys !

Glad to hear that you got it running. Tell me what you think about it after testing.

Vedder’s BLDC Tool works but I can’t compile yours, I got too many errors while typing “make”. I give up for today.

Which errors do you get? Screenshot helps.

I got thousands lines of errors. Here’s just the latest lines

Did you unpack the zip file “bldc-tool ubuntu sources.zip” and run make inside the unpacked folder bldc-tool?

I guess I made some bullshits… I deleted bldc-tool (Vedder’s one) and unziped yours instead then ran the whole process with yours. But i read I should have uninstall Vedder’s one before compiling and install yours…

I have Vedders one and mine in different folders. So that is no issue for me. maybe also try make clean && make

“make clean && make” was the magic command ! Now your version works ! Thanks so much Ackmaniac !

I let you know once I can test it in real (none of my builds are currently working…).

Currently i am implementing the watt control for the Nunchuk. Can somebody explain me for which remotes the ADC application is used for?

I implemented Watt control alss for the Nunchuk. But sadly i don’t have one. So if anybody could be the beta tester you can download the firmware, windows and unix version from the Dropbox link in the folder “Beta_Watt_For_Nunchuk”

Would be great if somebody can give it a try. I checked it all 3 times and it should work. Finlly it uses the same code as for PPM, biggest problem was to implement the userinterface for bldc-tool.

1 Like

As far as know, ADC is commonly used for ebike. They used a wired wrist throttle made of a variable resistor.

I am currently working on a throttle curve implementation. Something like this.

In this setup max watt is set to 1000 Watts. Trying to make it adjustable by 2 values. Benefit would be that you can define if you want to have more sensibility at lower watts.

Or more sensibility at higher watts.

2 Likes

Ok tried to find a good formula for the adjustable throttle curve. But everything i have so far is far too complicated to add this to the bldc-tool. Because to find the right curve you have to find a extreme curve and adjust it by a weird factor. That is all not usable because people would need to experiment a lot to find the right settings.

Did anybody calculated already throttle curves and has a good formula which is easy adjustable by 2 or 3 parameters? Any help is welcome here.

Why dont you just use bezier spline for this? Its pretty simple to implement, understand and map.

If it helps, I heard a lot of EXPO curve feature in car ESC. I assume it’s “exponential”.

I think i go with something easier which is linear. Because i think in reality you don’t feel the difference. And it would be easier to adjust it.

The other question is is this really wanted by the community or not. Because it is a lot of work.

And did somebody give the new watt control and cruise control already a test run?