Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

After you selected PPM or PPM and UART you have to reboot the VESC.

PPM + UART, yes. And I’m sure about the wiring. I checked another remote, same issue. :unamused:

EDIT : re-flashed and reboot. It works now… Very strange. Something I mentioned with the linux version but same for mac version : the app crashes when rebooting through the app.

@Ackmaniac could your firmware have some sort of bug that’s affecting the brake?

my VESC was in firmware 2.10 an I’ve been using it for more than a year in BLDC with no drops, no faults, nothing

I’ve uploaded yours 2.53 and went straight to FOC, everything ok but on the first test ride i have the same problem of the first FOC version, suddenly loss of braking and a very high pitched ugly noise on startup

Back to BLDC, fresh installation, everything the same as i ever had, detection as always went ok

First test ride and i’m losing brake on BLDC to, unfortunately Jacob’s site is offline and there is no way for me to get the unmoded firmware

Our friend a few posts above was having this problem and you and me pointed to the BMS, unfortunately i don’t use one to blame

EDIT: didn’t know that i could roll back, going back to 2.10 and will report back in a few minutes

Ok, there is definitely something going on, i will start a new thread

No problems on 2.10, 5 minutes of braking and accelerating and no problems

I did have to same problem; I couldnt get my remote Nano-X to work VESC-X after flashed firmware 2.53 On VESC-X there is no flashing green LED when I pushed control. No fault code on BLDC So I flashed back to 2.18; now is working normal

Can you please check the Voltage in the Realtime Tab of the BLDC-Tool and then check your battery with multimeter. And what is your maximum input voltage in the settings.

@Deakbannok Did you setup your PPM settings after flashing to Version 2.53?

Yes. I did rechecked everything after I flashed 2.53; I did with a soft reboot and reset power. my voltage on the multimeter is the same as it showed on BLDC. I just uninstalled the BLDC and reflash back to 2.18. Now is working normal

I mean did you setup the pulsewidth settings in the PPM Tab?

Yes. But The green LED dim light on VESC-X is not bright when I pushed to controller.

And do you know that there is a center pulsewidth parameter now. Because there isn’t really anything i can think of that would lead to a non functioning remote. So if you want to give it another try it would be great when you set the controller to disabled. And then send screenshots with the display enabled at full brake, idle and full acceleration. The only thing i can thing if is the Safe start option which doesn’t give power as long as the VESC is not in idle or brake for a short moment. This is to prevent that the board moves when you switch it on with the wrong settings. We can have a Skype session of you want to check together what could be wrong. There are also many others without any issues. And i also have a 4.10 HW version beside my 4.12 and it is working without issues.

And when you switch from a older version you should not use your safed xml files. You should do all the configuration again from scratch. And maybe the BLDC-Tool for 2.10 was working different. I never worked with that one. And a screenshot of your settings would also be very helpful to analyse if there are any mistakes.

I’ve a Galaxy Ace2 with CyanogenMod (Android 5.1) VESC-Monitor 1.3 When I use the Video-Capture, the Phone freezes :frowning: Is there anything I can do about it, I already set video options to minium, maybe this phone is too weak or something? the generated mp4-files are corrupted

First you should get the latest Version of the app. After that in the app there is a Galleries Icon. When you press it you see a explorer view. Just go there in the folder where you want your files to be stored. Then Press the Disk Icon on the upper right. That makes this folder the default folder for the files to be stored.

If you get a error message please try to get the details about it or send it.

I will give it a try again this week and will keep you update.

Hello, can we use cruise control with this remote ?? https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Wholesale-New-arrival-2-4Ghz-mini-remote-controller-with-receiver-for-electric-skateboard-longboard/32678995218.html?isOrig=true#extend

I don’t think that it works. If you would modify the switch to a button which you can press and automatically switches off when you release it then it would work. But the other question is also what signal you get. For example if the output is 5V then it would be to much for the VESC. But with some voltage dividers it could be modified then. I recommend the Mini Remote for cruise control. Works great.

I made a little update of my App. It is possible now to make the Data Visualisation a little bit transparent in the Video mode. Just go to the Video settings and enable it if you want. This way you still can see a bit of the rest of the video. Tell me how you like it and if you have better ideas then let me know.

1 Like

Thank you Ackmaniac for this fantastic watt control mod and these awesome throttle curves. I recently added a 2nd SK3 6364 to deal with some hills here but the fun on flats totally suffered, it’s a beast and the power and acceleration was just scary. Now with your mod it’s fun again! :slight_smile: I played around quite a bit with the breaking, that was even more scary before your update with a 2nd motor even though I cut the breaking amps way down to 6A per VESC. Now i like the breaks again. Here are the throttle setting that worked best for me so far.

1 Like

After a lot of rebuilding, improving and bad weather I finally had the chance to do some logging. Still with modded FW2.18. Need more tests on the small board before I upgrade the monster to FW2.53.

peak power was around 7,8kW (176A battery - logfile) peak motor current was around 435A (blocked - video)

Setup: 120A motor max / 60A battery max 12s30Ah 4x VESC 4.7 with 0,005mOhm Shunts, extra caps, extra TVS diodes and heatsinks 4x c6364 with embedded sensors

Video with datalog overlay:

VESC Log Data File (.csv):

for VESC DataLogAnalyzer: http://www.gct-hp.de/VDLA/

5 Likes