Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

destroys your motors when you fly off of curbs, and like @torqueboards said makes it impossible to use your tail to flip up the board and walk.

1 Like

That board does look awesome. Those motors are tiny though and I’m sure it’s limited power.

I think those pneumatics are a sweet setup definitely!

I really think everyone should move away from Lithium Ion and just go A123 cells. Those 1,000 cycle life cells are amazing compared to a Lithium Ion pack (although bigger) in size.

Evolve had to go with outrunners… They would have been outdated if they hadn’t. They had to go two motors… Why wouldn’t/shouldn’t they anyways.

As for commuting DIY will always be better IMO. Evolve’s current setup I don’t think will climb hills. This one should be fine but it won’t be the best.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t enertion sell a carbon deck with a compartment (or maybe it’s not out yet - not sure) http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/carbon-fiber-electric-skateboard-deck/

According to the site, the Carbon GT will climb “25 degree gradient hills” though I’m sure they meant 25% which is still fairly respectable.

1 Like

which A123 cells? Thier 18650s are lifepo4 apparently, their 26650s are lithium ion, or so the site says, but its some nanophosphate thing and they say it has 10X the cycle life. But they also only have a nominal voltage of 3.3v and a lower mah rating and discharge rating than the sammy INRs … and they’re waaaay more expensive. ITs kind of a tough call to go with them, and i’m having a tough time making the case for them in my head at the moment.

i just bought 50 sammy INR18650-25R cells for $242 tax and shipping included. I’m trying to find out how much 50 of those A123 18650s would be. A guy brought a solar powered rig by my shop not too long ago with 12 of those 26650s and i wish i could recall exactly what he paid, but it was somewhere close to that.

They need to come down in price and come up in discharge performance. Then they will have me.

What I meant by the commuting comment was really that something I (a potential DIY builder) would make is more likely to break down than something a reputable company (Evolve) would make. Add in the fact that I’d have a warranty and could just ship the board to get fixed no problem/no time spent testing things and it becomes practical for the average person who has a 9-5 and other priorities than messing with what’s supposed to (or should) be a reliable commuting vehicle.

As far as the power, they did mention that it climbs 25% grade hills…

Firstly, the dual brushless motors power the board up insanely steep hills of up to 25 degree gradient with ease.

Which would basically make this board a slightly faster/better looking/heavier d+ with nearly 9 times the range. Perfect.

Yes, DIY builds have more power and can be customized, but not every person that wants to get into esk8 can make something better than the carbon for a first or even second build. If they could, they should probably be selling completes themselves lol

3 Likes

@longhairedboy Ah… Yeah, you are right. Surprising they are Lithium Ion. I was referring to the 26650s. I think they go for about $8-10/cell. When I get some time… I’d like to make my own.

@Mr_Mahal Great point! It definitely looks awesome.

I noticed the extra holes as well. The Raptor had that as well, but I think that was ialso for if you brought the deck separatley, so diy had more flexibility with truck options. They have since got rid of the other fixings.

You can get some reconditioned ones for $1.82 a cell if you live in the bay area www.ebay.com/itm/A123-ANR26650M1A-High-Power-26650-LiFePO4-Modules-Reconditioned-80-/111968645273?hash=item1a11d9f099:g:Z4QAAOSwWTRW1I-U

@Mr_Mahal thinking about this instead of the raptor?

222 for 24

more then enough amp output but only 5Ah https://www.buya123products.com/myCar.php?cy=Please%20Select%20Country

tehn can be had for cheaper but it would mean buying from alibaba https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/A123-battery-26650-Battery-Cell-ANR26650M1B_60036042887.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.KjhZyu

1 Like

links broken brah

20 bullshit 20

As crazy as it sounds, I may be getting this in addition to the Raptor…or more specifically until the Raptor comes so I can review it, then against the Raptor, make the decision and sell the loser lol.

Boosted hasn’t dropped their info yet so they have a LOTTTT of catching up to do if they are gonna beat this. Only thing is this is definitely the most expensive board…which if the Boosted is cheaper I might just go with them instead if the boards are at least comparable.

pressure is on boosted, let’s see what they come up with. It would have to be a damn big leap from their first gent boosted to do better than this evolve.

Exactly, its just scary how well Evolve did with this. Only thing is it hasn’t been tested by the public yet, so no telling how this will compare to anything unless they are smart and gave these boards to some tech reviewers already (that will make a video). I also don’t know how good their CS is either…

Evolve’s policy: 7 day money back guarantee, 6 month warranty (with the exception that after 7 days you pay for shipping initially, and if its manufacture defect they ship back free)…not bad but Boosted is always more forgiving plus they’re in the US which helps. We shall see.

I’ve heard positive things about their customer service only. Just wait for boosted’s update, and pull the trigger on one of the two. Having the best of those two AND the raptor…you got the best 2 completes in the market.

P.S. video of board, I’m guessing you’ve already seen it.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. I definitely will since I kind of have to (waiting on eBay to release funds from d+ sell) lol. It will be coming out just in time though.

But yup, I definitely want at least 2…I’m thinking the carbon will be a better long term investment because of the interchangeable wheels. Makes riding in the city a lot more doable. Plus I will be able to take it almost anywhere and shred it up for hours. And I actually didn’t see that video, surprised he avoided showing the motors.

And thanks to you pointing out how the evolve has 8 times more range than the boosted in pro mode in their reddit, that thread got deleted lol. Refresh it, you won’t see it there.

1 Like

Hahahaha oh man, as soon as I saw that title throwing out the specs I was like “oh fuck, this is gonna get deleted very soon”…

I went to go check on it and was not surprised to see it gone. I’ve always told people the mods on that sub only keep the other eboard related threads up when they feel like the other eboard is getting bashed and someone is praising the BB. Whenever there is a legitimate threat, they delete. They seem to always delete evolve threads quickly. But never Inboard. This only confirms that the Evolve has probably won…

I’m calling it man, Boosted will be overshadowed by this. I seriously can’t imagine anything they could possibly do to compete at this point…

Buy from the North American Sales http://www.a123batteries.com/product-p/anr26650m1-b.htm

$9.30 each why you buy 10-99.

I am building a pack with 36 of these cells bought from there. originally bought 24 for $223.20 + $20 shipping.

12s3p A123 26650 Cells will be triple boosted’s battery :smiley:

Just waiting on my bms and charger from batterysupports.

2 Likes