Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

none taken and u are right they werent. But some guy was just on here speaking for the guy that makes them and said Jason was basically a cheap copy of their own work and wishes he could be like evolve. However the next board realeased has all of the same basic components jason uses.

Those l👀K like gullwings

Let’s not get this shit started again mate…let’s leave who said what in the past

3 Likes

Not trying to start anything just disagreeing with a previously false statement

Choose your words wisely

1 Like

They are sidewinders basically…from what I’ve heard about sidewinders, they’re not very stable at all. Bushing config contributes too but idk

For carving … I need to get a pair…

But I’m TOO LAZY TO pUSH!!!

Some should have a motor kit for gullwings … And we can make Evolve copies lol l

What keeps me away from making budget DIY builds is I actually need to use these things for daily commuting, not recreation (although I would). To try to use your first DIY build as a legitimate commuting vehicle is a big risk. It runs the possibility of breaking down easier or at the worst possible time compared to completes made by companies which have tested all their parts for years.

I think the DIY community will always consist of mostly engineer type folks that were already into building stuff not related to esk8. Those type of folks are the ones that can make quality builds that don’t break down or look like s#!7. I want something that doesn’t look like s#!7 and completes are my best bet at the moment.

3 Likes

I wonder if my new mount will work? Sidewinders aren’t great for fast cruising though… https://sites.google.com/site/psychotiller/r-i-p-b-a-axle-set-mount

No the speed wobble will kill you… But for carving keeping below 20mph

I think if you had that option…a lot of people would get it to try it… There is a lot to be said abt zoning out and just carving in parking lot or down an empty street … Pretty relaxing

When I owned a d+, I replaced the stock caliber truck with a Carver CX truck. Simply magical. It’s probably the only stable truck in existence that you can carve with at low and high speeds with no wobbles. Definitely worth a try…

that looks so gorgeous :heart_eyes:

really love every detail - this is a kind of polished product thats incredibly hard to achieve with DIY. kinda happy I sold my old carbon in time - the GT got me actually pretty exited :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I totally agree with you!! I love diy but is a lot of time consuming and that besides the time I spent waiting for the parts to ship you know(( shipping shit))

I want to spend time riding !! rather then building and testing and fixing and breaking and thinking and waiting for parts to come !!! Don’t get me wrong Diy is Nice hobby !!! But I work full-time that’s why I don’t mind get my hands on the new and improve evolve !!! This company is like booster board they know what they doing !! So I can spend more time writing having a good time I guess thats the The main priority !!! Right!! Anyway I don’t think DIYers ride there skateboard every single time at 100 km/h!!

1 Like

I don’t own an evolve, but when I was first looking I had a chance to ride one. Same kind of truck set up on current models. With the right adjustment I actually felt pretty stable at 35-37km/h. I completely agree with you about needing a board with reliability and doesn’t look crap. I still would like to build a board in near future, however looking to prob buy one first as very little free time for building.

I think @Ermac-514 has an evolve of some sort? opinions on trucks?

I ran my evolve carbon with custom liion battery for more than 2000km. loved the trucks at first (after putting lots of work into bushings), then I went to ride more with calibers and started to dislike the wobbly sidewinders more and more.

they make a very large board like the original carbon quite agile though, it becomes a snappy lively feeling when carving hard … which suits the carbon very well. it also dampens the road quite well with the dual kingpins.

1 Like

This are the bushing that I use for side white 98 street side red 95 !!! And is very stable no speed wobble so definitely you need to upgrade the bushing max $20 weight 185lb

1 Like

Board side 98 and street side 95

Sweet! This is something that I’d like to own. The motors look good in the back.:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those are the only trucks they have but trust me they are sweet as hell you’re only need to upgrade the bushings that’s all no speed wobble going downhill and endless carving the best of both world