Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Yeah quite a bit. Where on them should I spray the WD? My bushings also squeak. Tried putting soap savings in pivot cup but it steal squeaks when I turn it in my room. When I came back from my ride it wasn’t as bad.

@darkydawson I upgraded my front bearings to Zealous a day ago. Never had a problem with them on my other board

You could try lithium grease on bushings also. ( WD do a lithium grease )

you put it pretty much anywhere metal contacts the bushing.

What do you think of Bones Super Reds?

I’ll try it out, I have washers on all of them so that may be why.

Good bearings. I prefer oust moc9 airrr. American steel, re-designed non contact seal. Ultra polished raceways. Oust bearings have been re-designed specifically for skating, most other bearings still run off basic fan/washer design. The worlds top downhill slalom guys ride oust, as they are made to take lateral and torsional loads.

I’ve been riding on them for 6months+ on my old board(carbon) and only serviced once. ( They still spin for about 5min by hand )

Pretty sure he’s still the champ, also female champ ride oust lol

To be honest… It makes me smile that the GT gives you a hard time. There is a reason DH guys make jokes about the double kingpin trucks. They suck! Double bushings = double trouble! These trucks aren’t made to go 35 + kph. An experienced rider will handle the wobbles because of strong ankles, but a noob will street his face. You have a massive wheelbase on the GT and still trouble with speed wobbles? The Raptor has a smaller wheelbase with normal RKT and drives great at 45 kph. I don’t want to discredit Evolve, but for non skateboard people the GT will be painful…

1 Like

Yea I definitely see why 22mph was a target for this board. Even going that speed with tightened trucks can be a bit wobbly.

Although double kingpin trucks will always feel different to single. I prefer this setup on a longboard. I find I can tighten them and still have descent turn. Especially comfortable when riding AT fast.

I never personally had a problem going 35kmh+ on Carbon or GT. With hard bushings.

Gotta admit I do like the look of the Raptor. Useable kick and more like a normal skateboard feel.

2 Likes

Are your guys CF decks flawless, especially around the edges?

I have ridden the sidewinders on some regular longboards and really don’t like them. There are made for some carving next to the beach to impress some chicks, but nothing more. Talking about 45 kph (yes I love the metric system :smile:) on an eboard or an normal longboard is completely different as well. Without a break 45 kph are scary, but with the confidence of it it’s so easy. Skateboarding is a skill and only a fraction depends on the material. Anyways sidewinder trucks are dangerous at higher speeds. Ask @whitepony he seems to be legit in the users opinion. I like the most on the GT and love the range, but can’t see any point beside that where the Raptor wouldn’t rape it. Sorry just my two cents!

1 Like

Have you tried a regular RKT on a downhill ride? It is less twichy and gives you more confidence. IMO there is not a single argument for the sidewinder trucks. You have to ride such a big lean on the skateboard to make a turn. The concept is so inaccurate and non intuitive for the user. Of course you can make them stiff to go faster, but a normal truck can do the same just better.

In your opinion and thats cool. ( I will say again, I find when you set them up correctly you get stiffness but when you push harder you can feel the second stage kick in. ) Single are more stable for sure.

Rape is a strong word.

Isn’t raptor like 2kmh faster? I believe it goes up hills better.

Evolve pros 2in1 setup is a bonus, don’t mind controller display. Awesome service. Pretty sexy. (Just saying not really the thread for it though)

1 Like

Great feedback! In my opinion the problem is like you said “if you set it up correct” the biggest problem it the complexity of the system. I see a lot of people struggling to set up two bushings on their skateboards. If you are speaking pro you have different bushings on top/down and front/rear. How many bushings do I have to buy to have nice sidewinders? The possible combinations are endless if you start to think about coned bushings as well.

Okay rape is hard to say, but dominate is cool! Yes there are the two kph more, but there is more. Less wheelbase = smaller turns real trucks = stable at 45 kph Kicktail = better low speed maneuvering Top mount deck = more responsible fully customizable = it will be what I want

Expect in the duration of a ride I will wipe the floor with the GT in the city, a downhill or a bike lane.

2 in 1 really is a cool feature! But aren’t there above enough reasons why I think the GT isn’t able to handle this? Check out @Nowind eskate… If you want performance on pneumatics that’s how it looks like.

The GT maybe is a all in one, but worthless if it can’t do anything right.

This is an asinine argument. Different horses for different courses. I suspect there are more fan-boys in this forum than meets the eye, and most aren’t regulars in this thread. These trucks carve beautifully. Want to downhill at pace or set land speed records, get the appropriate set up that works for you, no brainer. I’ll refer you back to @onloops post in this thread previously, please don’t mention the raptor in this thread. IMO, if we want to play those rules, then it goes both ways. No need piss up against the wall, plenty of other threads to debate how you made an awesome decision based on what works for you. If you want to talk about “rape”, open a new thread and we can all talk intermittent vescs, mysterious settings, quality control issues, battery build issues, defective and bulky controllers, distribution, delivery times, reputation, customer service, aesthetics, range, and whatever else you choose to ignore when bouncing into this thread to big note yourself. I’ve never ridden a long board or e-skate board before and these trucks are are fine for the design philosophy they are seeking to meet. Also, lets remember physics. It’s impossible to have the ‘perfect board’, every decision is a trade off on requirements. Also, intuition is as subjective as common sense. Back on topic.

7 Likes

Sorry. Back on track! Hope you get rid of your speed wobbles and ride save :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Lol think you’re in the wrong thread for that as @magnetvox pointed out quite nicely.

Finally took delivery of my GT today, thanks to all the early GT riders for posting their experiences as it helped me get up and running faster and avoid some of the first time foibles. Though I got the 2-in-1, I resisted starting on the AT wheels where i have less experience and immediately swapped out to street version. Though I have ridden gullwings alot, given issues folks had with the double kingpin trucks I cranked them down aggressively to start. I weigh 190lbs so when I say aggressively, I mean for rear top tier truck throw away skate key toy and torque them up with 14 wrench leverage . I let them loose after awhile, and still waiting on my stepped bushings, trying Venom DH Elim 97A on top tiers and looking for suggestions on the bottom tier to match…anyone??

All I have to say is that I want a Raptor and still do. I also eventually want a DIY board ( trampa or a 12s4p dual carvons). However, I wanted to ride now, as in ASAP…and guess what, if I had ordered my Raptor first, I wouldn’t even have an eboard yet, not even close. I can enjoy my GT now and not get “raped” by my own Raptor because I wouldn’t even have it yet. I have no regrets, this board rides fine for me and looks like a work of art, plus the controller is bad ass.

Also, I noticed the stock AT set up had the belts pretty loose and so I also kept the belts on the loose side on the street set up. I tried to tighten it up a bit but felt way more resistance turning the motor by hand. I have had no problems with the trucks and ride GT mode on max cruising speeds all day and night. Its not like I am planning on going downhill at 50mph.