Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Ok, pickup up GT at lunch per my project plan. Box was broke open on the motor side but everything looks in good condition. Could use some more padding, just came in the Evolve black box. (Street only edition)

Charged the controller and board up and did a few circuits around my work parking lot on econo. Trucks seems very very loose compared to my Eglides.

Question: how do I tighten the double trucks. Tighten both nuts on each truck the same? Does one have more of an impact than the other?

Going took take it out for a hour or so ride in a little bit. Really quite and smooth on Econo mode.

I tighten mine the same. Pretty sure the one closer to the board has more impact as it’s higher up when you’re standing on it.

Thanka for looking into it. I called them about an hour ago and got a return label. What sucks is I’m off work today but drove to back to work because I left the box here(at work now printing the label).strong textI also have to swap back the AT set up and my AT set up is at home. Once I pick it up at home, I have to drive back to parents house becase that is where my board is at…

Tight more the one is board side do it for both but a little bit more tight the one in the back( motor side )

Also, I charged the board up to see if the problem went away, same thing, battery error.

@mr_mahal forgot the mention, the noseguards needs to have holes drilled (easy anyways) because it doesn’t line up. Also, the black clones purchase is a risk, the link above for the purple ones fit for sure.

@Jinra have you ridden a d+ or any other popular commercial board? Grrrrr me and my friend must be the only (past) boosted owners that are getting this board lol Acceleration on the d+ isn’t much, but its still fairly quick for what it is. If the GT can double/triple that, I will call it a beast. Can’t wait to get my board Monday. I need to pump some vids out : p

@Rob.Endless No problem, great to see they gave you a return label and are taking care of it. Makes me want to ride the hell out of my board as well so as to weed out problems like that. Luckily I have full pads :grin: Going per your experience I will be wearing my full face if I have my abecs on :sunglasses: I ride pretty recklessly and if this happened to me at speed I’d be in trouble without pads.

Also, can you take a picture of where you drilled the wholes in the nose guard? Do you think they are even necessary of you just put bra over the nose? Or are you noticing CF chip after taking small impacts? I would think it’s tough enough to take some brute force. J

I’ve ridden a benchwheel a little bit and my friends boosted dual (not plus). I can confidently say you won’t be disappointed by the acceleration and torque. Ive found that is easier to keep your footing in GT mode rather than fast since fast has too much of a dead zone and will jolt because you instinctively push more throttle since nothing’s happening. GT has a fairly linear acceleration ramp and is easier to control.

TL;DR go GT or go home

PS. rode on the 32T, don’t have 38T

LOL my sentiments exactly…why buy it if you’re not going to use the mode its named after :stuck_out_tongue:

The difference between expert and pro mode (the d+ only mode) is noticeable – but I’m pretty sure GT mode will be better than pro mode. Just not sure how much better. At any rate, range and top speed will likely win me over with this board. I’ll look to the Raptor to give me all the torque I want :slight_smile:

@mr_mahal here are a few pics, nose guard needing holes drilled through and the clear coat wearing out, also modded one abec gear drive(still have to mod the other) to fit black 97mm flywheel clones. My GT is messed up but still able to see if the wheels spin straight, which they do.

2 Likes

forgot to add this, this was the spot my foot put a lot of pressure on. I was going to take more pics with all my wheels on, AT wheels, stock evolve wheels, orange kegels and purple kegels, black 97mm clones, but unfortunately, i have to pack this up and send it back tomorrow to the USA Headquarters.

1 Like

Also busy fixing the electric unicycle:

2 Likes

I get the saving money thing, but feel using cheaper no brand wheels takes a bit away from the board. Not saying you need to spend a fortune on latest and greatest, but relate it to putting cheap wheels on a high car. What’s the ride quality? @Shaftdiggity pretty sure guy was telling me one has more affect on turn, and the other lean?

1 Like

@loose_nickers Yeah I agree, the real Abec11s ride really nice. Fast and grippy.

1 Like

Its not about money, in previous posts, me and some others like @mr_mahal simply dont like green wheels. Also, I tried getting legit Abec 11 97mm but they were sold out everywhere. I tried to buy a set despite the green color because I pretty much have all the wheels for it already, so I thought screw it, I’ll have em all. I wouldn’t have bought a set of Kegels in both orange and purple plus 4 gear drives at $30 each if I was trying to save money.

About the clones ride quality, I haven’t tried legit abec 11’s but these clones are a bit hard and slide a bit on hard turns. Gets pretty scary but fun when you semi-drift. I was going to run my Orange kegels today to compare them because the sliding part can get a bit scary lol, but my GT broke today =( I wanted to see if it was just the ground, me or just the hard clone wheels thats causing a little loss of traction. Keep in mind, these are from pretty hard turns going pretty fast, in normal turns they are fine.

2 Likes

Fair enough about the money. I get the green look on the abecs, but I’m still considering them in 97’s. Pretty sure evolve aus still has them in stock. Still like the evolve black wheels. How do the kegels feel/look?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

He just started selling them and I don’t even think they have been sent out yet…

Please don’t come here just to start a fight…there are other threads for that lol

1 Like