Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Where be the pics with the kegels? lol :smiley:

Solid outlook. Often overlooked, the value of torque over speed in a city environment.

I feel that acceleration would be better on the standard 32T gear. 38T is better for continuous torque output, but 32T leads to a more direct translation from motor rotation to wheel rotation. Since the GT has huge torque from its motors anyway, you’d get off the starting line faster on the 32T. However, this is all just conjecture.

yup, @Jinra you are probably right, but that’s why I am doing this…for science, lol

1 Like

@photorph thanks, i almost ate it today but thank god i was already slowing down for a turn. I was able to run it off.

@mr_mahal ebay, this one exactly, these are the purple 97mm flywheel clones i got that have the actual abec 11 core dimensions, unlike the black clones we got that have extra thick spokes. I am about to buy another set since i know they work and they’re only $20 http://www.ebay.com/itm/151887087264?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

@ermac-514 i have some extra hard bushings on the way, i’ll let you guys know how they work. They are bushings someone recommended on this thread. knowing this thread, it was probably a hundred or so posts ago.

BIG PROBLEM, so i just got back from an hour ride, all on GT mode and was cruising at max speed or near it the whole time. Out of nowhere, there was almost no throttle response, i looked down at the controller and it defaulted back to slow mode and got a flashing “batt error” message in red. Here is the picture:

1 Like

I wonder what that means, could it be the controller is low on power?

Controller is fully charged, if I have the board on, I cant switch modes on the controller, it is defaulted to slow mode along with the flashing batt error message. If I turn the board off, the controller is back to normal, no batt error message and I am able to cycle through the the different speed modes.

I sent evolve an email about the issue about 10 mins ago.

…I was specifically avoiding the DIY route as my first eboard so that I can avoid down time as much as possible. Third day riding the GT and It already has a problem. Also, the motors were only on the warm side, not even close to being hot hot. The deck itself get a little warm, barely warm, plus it is sunny as hell here right now in southern California.

Update: Turned it back on, I was able to switch back to all the modes. Pulled the trigger in GT mode and about 2 secs later, it defaulted back to slow mode and “batt error” message flashes.

Possible defective battery BMS/ESC. Let us know what Evolve says!

oh man hope this gets resolved, keep us updated.

@Rob.Endless call them, they are open for another 40 minutes then weekend

PHONE: 616-915-3876 in the US MAIL: 5825 Avenida Encinas Ste 109, Carlsbad, CA 92008

@Rob.Endless Fuck…probably the first big manufacturing issue so far… Surprised I’ve never heard of it before but will be interesting to see what the cause is. Best case scenario they just send you a new battery no questions asked and it’ll get there in a day. Although I’m really wondering how many spares they have laying around. I would take video of the issue and unlist it on youtube to show them.

P.S. I bought the black wheels again in anticipation that they would fit -____- you have tested the black ones recently and they did not?

Worst case scenario, get a small file and spare an hour or two!

Will that compromise the core at all though? I don’t want it to randomly crumble lol I’m wondering if the file would last

Doubtful, seeing as how the regular abecs have the same spokes. Just don’t remove too much plastic. Although, if the plastic was a different/weaker composition than normal spokes, it may be compromised.

Damn, I’ll see what the measurements are like when they get here. I’ll let you be the judge of how much should be safe to remove if needed

Hey guys @Rob.Endless @Photorph @Jinra @caustin

Talked with a rep from Evolve USA and explained everything Rob said and this was basically the convo that followed:

Rep: “All the new remotes have a diagnostic indicator like a car. If something is wrong it will let you know, like a check engine light. I personally ride in GT all the time and have never had that issue. I hate to say it but it looks like we have our first faulty GT. If it was a low battery it would say “battery drain”. “Battery Issue” is completely different. I could be wrong but it sounds like the remote is doing exactly what it was designed to.”

Me: “I see, so what would be the process of resolving this if it were to happen to one of us? Do we send the whole board or battery? Could we do an exchange where we ship you our battery and you send us another in the mean time?”

Rep: "If that is the case then we would most likely do a battery swap.:ok_hand:t2:all under warranty "

I would still like to know what caused this…at first I thought it might be because Rob uses GT mode a lot, but seems like it might just be a faulty battery. So far no one else has had a faulty production GT (or beta, at least shared publicly) so thats the good news… We will see over the weekend as I bet a good portion of people in the US will be pushing it hard.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that already

Just got mine! Acceleration on fast is insane. Haven’t tried GT yet. I’ve noticed there is a bit of a dead zone while coasting on fast and then trying to accelerate. If there’s anything ya’ll want me to test, I’ll be heading out again in an hour or so. I’ve got plenty of steep hills around here.

2 Likes