Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

What shipping option did you guys pick at ordering, I went back and looked and seems I picked the slower UPS ground for $26 lol arghhhhhhh

Curious if your order status changed on the evolveUSA website, they are combining with an accessory order for me so checking order status on website as well but remains “unfulfilled” (like me )!!!

I am messaging them at the moment to see if I can upgrade it, also UPS too, I will get this shit on the weekend

Ah damn, forgot they can’t expedite anyones boards. Looks like whomever is in the first batch of ~15 in California or west coast in general will get there board by the weekend. @Rob.Endless that’s you right?

@mr_mahal mine doesn’t have the estimated delivery date, looks like i have to sign up or something.

Yeah definitely worth signing up for, you can change delivery dates, have it held and a bunch of stuff. It’s how I found out I was getting my Raptor battery before Enertion ever sent out an email. It’ll auto update you when someone is shipping you via them. Willing to bet if you’re west coast you will get it very very soon.

@mr_mahal i just signed up and i can’t believe it!!! Check out the estimated delivery date =)

1 Like

I can believe it lol someone on FB said they will be getting theirs by 8pm today west coast time. Congrats!!!

1 Like

Once i get my GT, i need to resist the urge to just blast down the road right away because i plan to apply the 3m clear bra asap.

@Rob.Endless you have no idea, I’m gonna have to keep my promise and document the whole thing (unboxing & applying the bra). Though I am gonna give it a full charge or at least 70-80% before I take it out so that will be happening in between. It will likely come half charged or so. Gotta start planning my shots : p

Guys you are both killing me @Rob.Endless & @Mr_Mahal . I can ’ t wait. Put something on youtube for us who need to wait a bit longer

1 Like

Will be doing much more than just an unboxing :stuck_out_tongue: stay tuned. Would be surprised if no one on the west side put up a vid before Monday

2 Likes

I changed my shipment to pick up instead, it’s 7am here and the UPS customer center where I am picking up my package opens at 8am. So…in about an hour or so, I will have my GT. However, i have to go straight to work after. I took Friday off because I thought that was when the package would arrive. I won’t have much time today or tomorrow for prepping the GT, Friday it is.

3 Likes

Took Monday off. Will be teleworking on Tuesday too, Wednesday there’s a possibility of rain so I’ll be riding all day Monday. Sucks I might not be able to ride into work Wednesday…Maybe I’ll just come in Tuesday instead…hmmm yup seems perfect. Thanks for the help guys lol

i have work in about ten mins and wont be able ride it till im off. I did test it out for about half an hour so and damnnnn, GT mode has a crapload of torque and the brakes are sensitive as hell…i cant imagine flying down the road at 20mph+ and feeling safe on this thing lol. Forgot to add the nose guards in the pic.

2 Likes

There is one bad thing i noticed right away tho, the CF finish on some of the edges are missing (like a big black patch) or just not good looking. So far, all the pics i have seen of the raptor’s CF decks edges look better.

Guys i want your advice, I will be mostly riding on bike paths where i live however when crossing streets usualy there is a lip between the path’s ramp and the street (see foto below). Will the 83mm wheels be able to handle this lip or will i need the 97mm or even the ATs?

Can you take a picture of the edges when you get the chance? I think I see it in the pic but I’m not sure if that’s the reflection or what…

Congrats on getting the board! :smiley: Can’t wait for you to put pics of the GT with different kind of wheels, especially the kegels! :slight_smile:

Thanks @anonymous will do so.

@mr_mahal yeah, you can see it in the pic, at the very right side of the pic, that black spot is not a reflection =( i’m not really trippin tho

@constantinos156 i am a noob at skateboarding period and just bought a regular longboard to practice less thank a week ago and slapped on some 97mm wheels and make it over lips like that all day long, especially sideways.

Update: took it out for a spin on my ten min break, slow mode is useless, eco mode is ehhhh too slow, i’m on fast mode now. GT mode just throws me off the board, both on acceleration and braking, the trigger control is sensitive as hell. I just suck at this eboarding riding in general at the moment. Also, the sidewinder trucks or whatever its called feels pretty stable to me so far.

1 Like