Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

they are basically copying what all us DIYers have been doing for the last few years…

they will tell everyone it is better technology & faster…

but the truth is we all have this tech NOW & Have had it for a quite a while…

At least they are having a go!

2 Likes

Meh… 30-40 people on this forum can make that video with current builds. It’s a nice shot but I am unimpressed. I think evolve is (ironically) evolving too slow. Dont get me wrong they led the way at the beginning, but now…meh. I’ll wait and see what they show …then read their hype and do the exact same trial/ claim for 400 bucks cheaper and with upgrading options.

2 Likes

I’m gonna say:

• Li-ion battery similar to what whitepony on ES did to his carbon all terrain.

• sensors in motors

• VESC-esque ESC

• “water proofed” motors

• new "light"material board.

• and two 63 motors on wide ass trucks

What do you guys think about that reverse rear mount style of the motors?

personally I like that look better than hiding motors under the board :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also like it more then having the motors under.

I rode it. Not that great but the gullwing trucks and long deck make it different

The truck is not as wide as the AT evolve carbon. Because the motors are outside it can sit lower and due to the carve out for the wheel bite it sits really low to ground. Motors in black non of that ugly housing in current version. It looks good. I am keen to know real world distance and speed. Raptor for the completes and DIY will still likely have it over this new board.

1 Like

@onloop the board looks good and current Evolve owners are salivating over it as Evolve have already created its own base world wide. As long as it is better in spec than there current series these owners wont care. They arent building their own.

2 Likes

I believe this new evolve board wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for the birth of the Raptor…

The Raptor forced Evolve to step up & offer some performance.

This forum has educated the masses about what makes a really good electric skateboard! what real performance is! Now the masses want better!

The Raptor is an Industry Disraptor!

PREDICTION: NEXT big company to improve performance = BB

You are the modest person in the esk8 market I know #sarcasm #hint .

Thought I would make my own video demonstrating “performance”

4 Likes

lmao! “because performance mabbers”

That’s a big call. Fairly certain they were the first with carbon decks. Says it’s been in production for 2 years. Makes for a fairly certain next step from what they have. I’m not saying they’re first with dual motors, but if they have been developing for couple years, should be good. And thinking that video is about showing performance is like thinking a race car is an accurate portrayal of its production counterpart. It’s an advert to grab attention. Yes it is supposed to be exhilarating. That’s marketing.

Basically I’m still waiting til they actually release specs.

lets just hope they are not relying on the Chinese electric skateboard engineers to design the propulsion system & motor controllers…

to impress me I would like to see a fully custom made electronics system…

2 Likes

You can’t kick your deck up which is an inconvenience for commuting :frowning:

1 Like

Aren’t they designed in Australia?

Seems most stuff people are using is developed in China anyway…

By having a set up specific to the board, is that not a complete custom set up?

Again, still waiting to see specs and figures

Yeah but that is not really the whole story is it?

example: my boards are designed in Australia too, they are assembled here too, but i source majority of parts from china, the motor controller is custom made (now in USA) designed in Sweden, the battery cells are Korean & assembled in china.

To give you some insights to the origins of the evolve technology have a look at this post, the didn’t really design anything to begin with… Even now their motors are commonly seen on most “china” style eboards.

Evolve make this vid, 2012

Enertion makes this vid, 2016

Evolve make this vid, Apr 29

Enertion makes this vid, Apr 30

And Evolve has to thank Enertion? Can say raptor power might already be here, but it aint winning any beauty contests…

Last time a dinosaur took on evolution, it didnt come out at the top of the food chain… Just food for thought.

7 Likes

Wow. Looks like Mr Evolve is watching!

How about you shed some light on the specs to give us some real info to compare? Be nice to see if all the hype videos are even worth it.

Lol I smell something burning lol…well done @OwenGrady

1 Like