Evolve F1 Abec 11 107mm out!

Shhh You leave that part off

1 Like

@nowind how are you getting those gummies? They are not available on Trampa website.

Are you the a beta tester?

Hey They where listed on the webshop shortly. The first small batch was gone super fast… More are coming for sure.

I tested them offroad today. This build is 10s 6354 230kw dual. I have to say that I am impressed and also dissapointed. There’s a difference between doable and comfortable. I rode on everything. Crappy pavement, stone pavement, wood,dirt, grass, mud, pebbles and deluxe super smooth and polished concrete. I wanted Less kw but the motors were not in stock. For my taste they are too fast and too little torque. They are capable to ride on anything at all and that’s impressive but they are way behind pneumatics. I recommend them but always as a second option.

1 Like

What wheel pulley do you use? 36T is already “tight” on 97mm wheels alone…on 107mm I’d go at least 40T on the wheel pulley and 14T on the motor. You lose quite a bit of torque (but gain top speed) on bigger wheels with the same ratio.

1 Like

They have johnny 's pulleys 15/36

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/15mm-wide-pulley-kits-and-individual-parts-wheel-pulley-motor-pulley-belts-and-hardware/27184

The torque is not as good as I wanted but way more than I will ever need for the use of this board so no problem at all.

I know…these beasts have enough of everything to enjoy while riding. 40T on the wheel side would improve the torque a bit. And like you’ve already noticed, some lower kV motors too. 10S is more than enough imho.

1 Like

I agree on everything you said. 40t would be much better and I would be more comfortable with 190kw. I don’t need that much speed but I had johnny’s pulleys at home and I didn’t want to wait for motors in stock. Since the build is more than I need I regret Nothing. It’s a very good board. The wheels are not as nice as pneumatics but are really impressive anyway. I thought grass would make it stop but not for a second.

3 Likes

riding on dirt at the park

1 Like

you got a link?

I am simply loving these new 107mm wheels, abec11 has really hit one out of the park with these. Round edges shed rocks and the reflex urethane is so comfortable and grippy. The size does add a lot of weight, and they could even be narrower, but the width does inspire confidence and have me looking at higher wattage motors to really take advantage of them.Of course I’m doing long range rides and these are almost necessary. Those large off-road tires have puncture issues in my area with goat head thorns, and I really want to keep my setup in the “skateboard” class and not an AT board so these 107’s allow me to be as mobile as AT wheels and cross railroad tracks and any cracks with ease. As for how the rolling weight effects efficiency? I don’t know yet, but larger heavier wheels will feel more sluggish on anything and will want more power to go along with them. Great job Abec11, keep up the good work.

3 Likes

WHAAT? The width is what I like the most. I can sail right over even rough railroad crossings with no fear. Because of the width, if I hit the tracks at an angle, the wheels never fall into the slot

Wow, what battery do you have in that enclosure???

Where did you get those toe stops?

Narrower wheels are more efficient but at the expense of grip, I am attempting super long range rides on a single charge so the narrower profile would be better for me and I believe they have an abundance of grip already.

The battery is 6 balance board batteries, for a total of 27,000mah at 36v, the range of this skateboard is 52 miles and I ride it 50 miles.

The toes stop is from Riptide Sports, who make some awesome bushings, they are sponsoring my attempts at 100 miles and sent me a few toe stops to try out. That is the “Outside” model and I really like it. It allows me to feel where my foot is without looking down and locks me in. The Outside model helps when you ride switch, and the Inside model looks great for downhill, I put the other one on my parking garage racing setup. I have liked it so far, I was worried about tripping on them but it’s not a problem and I think I will keep using it.

1 Like

I think ive sent you one in pm a month or so ago Check your messagess Or just search on ebay skateboard pneumatics and you will find some for sure

https://youtu.be/krKMrJ7EDDU

I taped a video using the 107’s. Enjoy

1 Like

Has anybody experienced any issues with these? I’m getting some strange movement in mine, dirt in the bearing seat, it’s gradually gotten worse

Both my rear wheels do this, only one is driven, i swapped spacers,rings,bearings, pulleys. I switched one of my front wheels to drive wheel, it’s also doing it slightly

It’s got to be the bearing/bearing seat tolerance.

Or…

Assuming you have spacers in between… they may be oversized slightly. But I don’t think that’s it…

The bearings fall out easily?

1 Like

Good clearance