Evolve F1 Abec 11 107mm out!

Wow man! You have the worst roads ever!

1 Like

I have that exact same sound on me Abec 11 97mm, so the issue has nothing specific related to the 107mms, I tried to pin point the culprit of the sound but failed to detect the cause.

Well thatā€™s not good :thinking: Did it start happening over time?

Yes. It did start over time.

However Iā€™ve been runing my dual 6374s with Abec 11 107mm and no sound comes out of it at all.

Iā€™d suggest to remove the wheel pulley only adjust 3 centered bolts with Loctite on the tips, do not tight them too much and them mouth the remaining bolts with Loctite too. When you mount them in pairs there is a never ending adjustment that could develop this sound overtime.

1 Like

@scepterr if the bearing is loose in the hub you could maybe try wrapping tethlon plumbing tape around the bearing and then sliding it in? I did that on one of my old wheel pulleys that had a wobbly bearing and it seemed to work.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s how I typically do it, 3 opposing to desired tension then add the others to match. Snowed today so hampered my investigation lol hopefully tomorrow will be clear enough. Will try swapping back to my MBS wheels with everything from the 107s

@Battosaii sk8kings has the green SuperFly wheels, I just got them delivered today. Theyā€™ll probably have them for a couple days though and not again for another year. Well, I just looked and theyā€™re already out of stock. I mean mine are literally downstairs, I havenā€™t even brought them up yet, and sk8kings is already out again

But I think only the Abec 11 Evolve F1 has the reflex formula on their urethane

I donā€™t think that will work. Not sure what product to use, maybe E-6000 adhesive. Finger a little on the bearing seat, then install the bearings. Torque down tight, to set them then loosen it up to let it cureā€¦

Yeah I donā€™t think I can wrap it in anything, but I do have the perfect loctite for it actually, the 648

1 Like

Nah, I have the old SuperFly here and the new SuperFly that came today from sk8kings and the first F1 wheels and some F1 wheels that just came 2 days agao, and all of them are ā€œ74a Reflexā€ ABEC11 polyurethane, I just went and checked

The only thing different about the wheels has to do with coloring

1 Like

@Eboosted @scepterr The clicking sound might be the bearing rotating inside the hub. Try putting a little bit of lithium grease inside the hub seat before inserting the bearing. This problem actually happens with the Evolve AT wheels and they actually have a video on how to fix it.

1 Like

If you use grease between the hub and bearing it would rotate inside the hub even more, I tried to use PTFE tape between the bearings and hub and it has helped some but the sound isnā€™t completely gone.

@Funktapus would you mind sharing the Evolve fix link?

It might rotate but it wont make any sounds. Plus it wont wear out the bearing seat. Hereā€™s the link

Is it me or is the spacer too big in that wheel, after the first bearing is installed and he flips it over to seat the second bearing you can see the first bearing move up a mm or 2

hello everyone, what are your opinions between trampa gummies and 107 mm Flywheel? handling, durability, high speed behavior, ā€¦ @Eboosted, @scepterr, @Nowind, ā€¦ do you have a preference? notice from everyone welcome. Thank you for your answers

107s for speed, and grip.

Gummies, while the extra 22mm of wheel diameter helps roll over cracks, they have less dampened feeling then 107s. And 15mm less contact patch.

Gummies go on a sub 20mph carve board that you want to roll over everything. 107s on the 40mph speed board that needs better dampening and grip.

6 Likes

Since we are talking 107mm flywheels/superflys, how do you personally go about breaking them in? The grip on my new unbroken-in 107 superflys is way worse than my old classic 81a 90mm flywheels. After 30 miles or so of carving, they are still butter slickā€¦ Not feeling it.

I was thinking about throwing some slides at them, but donā€™t want to chunk the reflex Thane. I might just suck it up and keep carving them lightly for as long as I can until they are properly broken inā€¦ But for now, mine are super unpredictable and not that grippy while my 90mm classics, while hard and rough, would grip very well and drift super predictably in comparison.

maybe do a burnout

I havenā€™t used Trampa gummies but these are my Evolve F1 107mm flywheels on reflex formula after 10 months, pretty comfortable ride on the all kind of roads, butā€¦

7 Likes