Evolve Bamboo GT

I don’t have either yet but the carbon deck is definitely lighter than the bamboo deck…but it also has a bigger battery, hence the longer range…I was just saying I wish the bamboo had the same size battery as the carbon, which would make it a little heavier. I hear they are pretty much the same weight due to the heavier battery on the carbon and the heavier deck on the bamboo…if anyone is lucky enough to have bought both maybe they will comment with first hand experience. Take care

It should be possible to change the stock-battery to a custom one to get 50km with the Bamboo GT like some people did with the Gen2 Bamboo. Would make the board 200-300g heavier.

But for the costs, it would be better to build a DIY-Board instead to get the same result.

1 Like

I am lucky enough to own both and I can confirm what you say. The CGT and the BGT weigh exactly the same. The CGT’s bigger battery is offset by its lighter deck.

I am thinking about buying a bamboo in addition to my CGT. As someone who owns both, what are your thoughts on this? Waste or do they each have their advantages?

I have both but I need to send it back because they or both defect. I’m really disappointed…I payed 6000 usd to get 2 defect board. Once this said (made me feel better :p) I LOVE the bamboo, the flex of the board give a really nice ride very close to snowboarding IMO. I think I prefer the bamboo, if it had the same range I would’ve preferred 2 bamboo.

1 Like

Yeah same thig happened to me too… i got a bamboo gt and first day wouldnt turn on and popped in the circuit… sending back for a repair… so i bought new bought they are giving me a repaired and defective board… what are they doing with your boards? are they going to repair or give u a new board?

They will repair them…But I saw a lot of case on reddit where they are not fix when it come back. :cold_sweat:

im unsure whether if i can accept it that we bought new we should have a new and working board… but their apparently out of stock so the fastest way to get our boards back is for them to repair them… u really do end up losing abit of consumer confidence in the brand with this many reported bugs… literally unboxed and defective on the first day. I can accept a arepair if we were a few weeks/months into riding the board… but im placing my trust in them if i get back a fully operational and working board ill be happy but if it becomes defective again and needs to be sent back im gona ask for a new board… or report to consumer protection. because i think its pretty bad customer care if you just get back a product that fails within a short time frame.

1 Like

I asked the same question about getting a new board when mine had issues on the first day of riding. However that is not how their warranty policy works. For me is it is a minimum 2 weeks without my board even if they turn around and ship it back out the same day since I live on the east coast of the US. The first time I sent the board back it came back and the problem was worse than before. The second time I sent it back, it came back and has been functioning like a dream for the most part. I agree I would have rather have started with a fresh functioning board for the start, but customer service has been really good so I am happy. Good luck with yours

1 Like

Why would you want 2 Bamboo??

One for me and one for my girlfriend! :wink:

1 Like

there is a used gen 1 carbon with the 2in1 setup locally but guy wanted $1300 :confused: so i’m thinking about ordering one of these all terrain bamboo gt instead.

1 Like

whoop. just went ahead and got the bamboo gt at version. can’t wait to go riding with.

Got mine a week ago and I’m so in love with it, here’s a picture of the new grip job I made today

Range wise it’s very good, I’m doing some regular 12+km rides in Paris (which has massive hills) and get to 50% battery I believe. You might want to get the fast charger if you intend to make some stops for big rides or charge at the destination. The speed and acceleration are amazing too, went only twice in GT mode because it’s insane.

I put the AT tires on a few days ago and was totally amazed, I’d love to ride them all the time so much but the range is divided by 2 and I can’t really afford that in Paris…

I plan on adding a battery to the back of the board or even replace the stock one to get more range, but I don’t know where to start or where to search. If you guys have any idea about how to do this let me know! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So I picked my bamboo GT up a few months ago, I live in Fremantle Wa, super stoked to own one. Carves beautifully with the double truck rig ( this literally blew my mind OH THE SWEET SWEET CARVE!!) Gets me around my area pretty well, I was however a bit bummed at the range once I found out it could hit “up to 20kms” that sold me and I put my order in, Fremantle’s a relatively flat area I ride generally in fast mode and at best will see 7 to 8kms,which actually goes really fast before I’m kicking my way home Now I’ve been thinking of doing a trip around Rottnest island on this thing but I know I’ll be kicking before I can blink 40km loop which started my thoughts of an interchangable battery setup or 2, I can throw in my back pack and when one dies half way 5min change out and I’m off again I’m no electrical engineering wizard and don’t know where to start. I’m not too sure if 7 to 8kms in fast is good or not as someone else above me said there’s not really anyone out there saying much on the whole range thing, and I’m not sure if my expectations were a bit too high But let me know what you guys think about the interchangeable battery setup would be a good idea

This is what the inside of the board looks like anyways.

i’d have loved an evolve board but they have not been selling them in the uk and importand customs added to the shipping and the long wait for preorder and insult to that teh outragous cost of the board sorry ,i went for a benchwheel 3600 watt dual motor and i don’t regret it at all it does every thing all the hills i am 94kg and its great 45-50 mins range full pelt for £500 off ebay .co.uk its a dream come true

1 Like

Evolve are readily available in the UK…

well i could not find them here only on an american website which were so expensive you’d have thought they were made of gold sorry i just do not think they are worth that sort of money ,just no way get real in fact i think it’s sick to charge that much for them plus shipping on top to UK plus tax and customs duty approx 45 quid which on electric skate boards are always astronomical more than 48 quid so until i find them here ,and cheaper but soon as i do i will have one ,with the all terrain wheels as well i do want one ,so where do you think you saw them on sale i will have a peek and cheers for the message but i better not get my hopes up ,