Evolve Bamboo GT

Asked them to join today via Fbook.

I have had mine for a week. I have had no problems what so ever and have taken it up and down hills I thought it would never make. Cant comment on distance as haven’t run it flat but i did 8km and had 65 % battery left yesterday and they was up and down some serious hills.

This board is awesome don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise

1 Like

Jo did you contact me through Instagram freedom street gallery?

that comes up to about 22 KM which is 14.2 Miles, with hill you say so that about right if you run in flat i guess you could have squeezed 5 more miles ,which mode did you run at ?

yes sir it was me thanks for the reply .

I was in fast for flat runs and gt for the hills look up marine parade for the sort of hills I was doing and the board ate them 6 Marine Parade, Avalon Beach NSW 2107 https://goo.gl/maps/gshDiZwBHUm

The Carbon GT is awesome when it works, but there definitely seems to be some critical flaws that need to be addressed. My CGT is currently back at Evolve for the 2nd time after being “fixed” the first time. Even after being fixed my board would randomly shut down even when riding on flats and going slow. I wish it was while riding off road or when really pushing it up hills etc because I would then be able to anticipate when it would shut down. There were times when it seemed to work perfect and could go up and down hills etc. However then other times when I rode a less than a mile on completely flat road and the board shutdown on me randomly without warning. 2 of my friends order CGT at the same time and we have all experienced these issues at one time or another, but mine seems to be the worst of the 3.

In summary: I love my Carbon GT and want nothing more for it to work. The guys at Evolve USA have been great and appreciate their help, but I feel like their hands are tied without a solution and not able to admit the issue. Lastly, just be careful while riding and getting to know your board at first. Your board may not have these issues but there are enough examples of this happening that you might. So just be careful when riding especially in urban environments such as where I live. I have sustained some significant injuries due to the board shutting down randomly and fortunate that I wasn’t hurt worse. Be careful and hope that Evolve addresses the issue.

2 Likes

I have been following this site for about a month and finally thought I would post now I have something to post about. I got my evolve Bamboo GT about 6 days ago and have noticed there isn’t a whole lot up about it, especially where range is concerned. after about 40-50km I’ve had no control issues or anything else I can really think of.

RANGE

I ride 10 - 12 km a day right now, trying to get a feel for the board. I only have the AT setup and ride in a beachy type area in North Queensland, Australia that is generally flat with one or two big hills.

I wanted to do a range test so decided to ride the thing flat. The first afternoon I rode 2.5km to the shops and back to grab a bite to eat, then later that night I went for a 6km burn around the streets. This was all on paved roads mostly on the ECO setting. I got home and didn’t charge the board.

The next night I went for another late burn around the streets. about 50% of the time was spent in FAST and of that time about 15-20% of the 40 minute ride was spent going up decent inclines in FAST mode at about 75% throttle. Generally during this ride I sat at about 50% throttle on FAST as I still haven’t quite found my feet and don’t have any protective gear. At about 10% battery I started to head home in ECO and got home at 6%. When I walked into the house and switched off the board the battery was reading 22% so as you can see make sure you account for battery lag when estimating range. The ride was 11km

So 19.5km with AT setup on pavement with a combination of FAST and GT on one charge. Not bad for someone who weighs 90kg.

HANDLING

Tighten the trucks as soon as you can. Like before you even go for your first ride. They are way too soft when it arrives and you will kill yourself if going over 15km per hour.

LIGHTS

If you are from Australia go and get youself a set of the Fluid USB rechargeable light set. I got front and back for $50 so saved a heap on the ones they sell on the evolve store. They are a must if you are riding at night.

https://www.anacondastores.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-lights/fluid-luminite-usb-light-set/p/BP90074234

Hope this post helps those trying to make a decision about getting one.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I noticed an issue with the Evolve Bamboo remote, and I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

I went to turn on the remote, the screen went all white, and stayed like that. I couldn’t turn the remote off and had no signal to the board.

In order to fix the problem, i had to unscrew the small screws on the remote and physically remove the cable from the chip board to the battery, and plug it back in. There is no manual kill sequence on the remote (i.e. holding down power button for 5 seconds for manual shut off.)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Others have said to drain the battery fully then charge it again should be fine. I guess unplugging the battery would also do it.

Ordered a bamboo GT myself, does anyone know if the brakes switch off is a problem with the street setup? Im in the UK so its not likely to overheat, but there are usually smaller puddles and bumpy roads.

Hi crew,

I just ordered the bamboo gt 2in1 yesterday. Really wish I read this site first before buying but I still think I made the right decision. I wanted the bamboo over carbon board for the looks. I’d use it for play and to commute to work too. I live in a small country seaside town in Bunbury, WA in Australia.

Once I get the board I’ll video everything from first unbox, first ride, most rides, range/battery test, pros and cons plus any issues with the board I may have. Full review coming!! I just bought the gopro5 so I’ll start recording with that!

I’m trying to get my other friends to get the board too but they want to see how I go first! Doing it for the team! If Evolve treat me good and if their product works this probably won’t be my first board!

Really glad to have found this forum

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to the GT club! Looking forward to your review. :slight_smile:

I know the gt bamboo has some kind of sprayed on grip or something else but I’m wondering if you can still apply grip tape over it. The board looks great but I still would like to do this. I missed the pre-order on the cf gt…prob gonna get the bamboo. Just wish it had the same range, the extra weight wouldn’t be a big deal for me.

Hi jeff, let me know if you can apply griptape over and you do end up doing it. I do agree that the cf is great for the range/battery… i might get it too next time if i have no issues with the bamboo… but I still think I made the right decision for bamboo haha… a lot of reviews report the cf having cracking issues with the material

Hope they don’t sell out before my student loan gets to me

I saw a video where a guy sanded back his bamboo GT and applied grip tape. So it’s definitely possible, you’ve just gotta sand back the original grip

Thanks bud…do u remember the title of the video or have a link…also anyone know if this board is able to ride in rain…I know it’s not safe and all that but if I get stuck in the rain or hit a puddle it would be really bad if it got messed up…they are pretty vague and sort of contradicting on the site but I know they have to watch their ass and don’t promote riding in wet conditions…any opinions or experience I’m in New Jersey and shit gets kinda nasty here this time of the year

Here’s the link https://m.imgur.com/gallery/GWPHi

The Bamboo is heavier than the Carbon. Or is that what you are saying?