eSk8Tube Video thread

So, I tried to edit with iMovie but found out that it only supports 30fps. I shot the video at 720/60. So I went out and got Adobe Premiere Elements14 and used it for edit. It supports up to 1080/60 and was much easier to edit with than iMovie. It also rendered the movie fairly quickly into an MP4 file that is only about 188mb so it uploaded to YouTube very quickly. I played it back full screen on my 42" Flat screen and it looked pretty good and smooth.

1 Like

LšŸ‘€K you just rolled two hobbies in to oneā€¦now your a eboard ridinā€™ , movie making and editing lunatic like me ā€¦ Welcome to the dark side!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Iā€™m alway hiding the remote from my frameā€¦itā€™s hard to doā€¦ And trying to look natural doing itā€¦thatā€™s what makes it hardā€¦Trying to look normal, while enjoying the ride without making filming look like workā€¦it can be work but the results are self satisfying ā€¦ And funā€¦ KEEP ON FILMINGā€¦the shots we take are uniqueā€¦not many people can say they filmed themselves on a stupid skateboard at 20-30mph ripping through the streets with just the speed of your board keeping you from being road killā€¦

1 Like

It was fun for sure. I did slow down a lot for most of the video. I just didnā€™t feel comfortable dangling $500 worth of camera gear on the end of a pole inches from the ground while flying down the street!

Lol donā€™t worry ā€¦ You will lolā€¦

How heavy is the gimble? I was just chatting with Hans from Removu the other day on the FACEBOOKā€¦howā€™s the R1?

@longhairedboy wow is that what itā€™s like to ride in FL? Iā€™m moving! Great video!

1 Like

Iā€™m not in FL, Iā€™m in Socal. And, we have lots of sunny days like this even in winter. Thats why its called Sun Diego On the down side, we are usually in a drought.

The gimbal is small and light. along with the Gopro sessions, its not bad. I had it on a fairly light pole and it was fine. One really good thing about the gimbal is that it always keeps the camera level no mater what you do. So you can move the pole around all over the place without even thinking about it. It was well worth every penny! I have since upgraded to a Gopole which is much sturdier. I sent the R1 back to amazon because it did not have full functionality with the sessions model as it does with older Goproā€™s like hero3. And the battery would drain too fast. I got the Gopro smart remote which is smaller, water proof,doesnā€™t drain its battery fast at all and lets me change camera settings right from remote. The R1 would not do camera settings with the sessions model. The free iPhone app works better than the R1. With live view on a bigger and better screen and full control of settings and media. Oh, and you can have both the phone app and the smart remote connected and controling the camera at the same time! And if you change camera settings with the remote, it updates the screen on the phone app and visa versa

Yeah the R1 is mostly just to line up shots when you donā€™t want to use your phone in high risk situationsā€¦wifi just sucks battery no matter whatā€¦

I have on of these that I attach to a lipo batteryā€¦I can recharge things all day longā€¦especially if your out and abt and filming all day and donā€™t have enough spare batteries ā€¦ And you can charge everyoneā€™s phone lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool, did you make that out of a bec? I got this wrist strap for my phone so I can use it like the r1 when Iā€™m riding.

No bought it off eBay for cheap

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121705400285

Uses a deans plugā€¦

Yeahā€¦I try not to use my phone for fun stuff ā€¦ Iā€™ve broken my iPhone twice in two monthsā€¦ Ugh sucked lol stupid cell phones ā€¦

One element missing @Namasaki lights ā€¦ Like I said ā€¦ If you donā€™t wanna rewire stuff on your board ā€¦ At the very least get the shreadlightsā€¦ Itā€™s an awesome experience at night

Lights would be cool

All the cool kids are doing itā€¦

1 Like

iā€™m new to skateboarding world . so , when i stumble upon this . no words to describe . and i thought for all these past few years , when ever i saw a small skateboard hanging from a studentā€™s backpack ; it is just another ā€œniceā€ item people hang at their bags or keychains .

they call it FastFingers . and its World Championship . Cool .

Tony Hawk is testing out electric finger boards to sell ā€¦ Lol

breakfast Saturday morning . this is my area where i live . urban concrete jungle where the only danger that exists are people pretending to be friendly , once youre busy at other places , they will try their best to rob you even your worthless flip flop you wear on your feet that you forgotten to keep it in your home .

(why cant i paste using my cell phone ?)

*editted ok , now iā€™m using my laptop with HDMI over to 32" :grin:

Brought out all the toys today for a meetup with @Jeff and our a2esk8 crew today. Riding with others is amazing!

7 Likes

Arial footage with a quad?