Enertion VESC delay?

Enertion dude, hell of a job! Your site is spot on, I wouldn’t change a thing. You guys are totally wasting this guys time with meat pies. Did you see the video? It was pretty graphic!

Has Rose started servicing her John’s yet?

1 Like

ROSE, the firmware loading & motor spin test rig finally operational… fuck that took a while… VESC should start flying out at a much faster rate…

I promise to all my customers who have been waiting patiently, the wait will be worth it.

6 Likes

@onloop Nice one! Should speed up the process!

So you received the next vescs batch? I’ll take a vesc with a wrong placed LED if only that’s the actual problem.

Good work man!

we sent them back already…

1 Like

The Space Cell Pro’s started shipping on June 10th. Are you on schedule with them?

Nice, this is a awesome piece of engineering! LOVE it!

Did the manufacturing party also do something on the PCB design (the aweful via in pads stuf)?

The vias in the motor lead pads you’re refering to? Why is it aweful?

No the via in SMD component pads:

This makes automated production awful, the tin will flow into the vias or worse, to the other side. I did this once in a product with one pad, my manufacturer told me there is a special place in hell for people that do this :P.

Ah i see, it may kick the component off to the side while in the oven

this is the design made by benjamin vedder.

my US factory has said that are plenty of DFM improvements that could be made. but we have not bothered yet.

will wait to see what happens with Vesc5

I ordered a vesc in april order number is 2794 when will it arive. @onloop.

You could’ve checked his post above… [quote=“onloop, post:128, topic:2158, full:true”]

[/quote]
1 Like

Will there be shipping tracking information provided? I’m in the top tier of VESC and the document states it should be shipped but i haven’t received anything.

I am 2565, wondering when shipping will occur…

yes…

not sure, email [email protected] we will take some time to look up the chart for you

You dont need to look it up, I am just wondering if you all are still on schedule with that time frame you posted earlier?

@onloop yo?

@ekitesurfer I think @onloop really prefers people to email his support staff rather than answering questions on here. That is what he pays them for, so I don’t blame him.

2 Likes