Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Amazon amazon!!! lol what size is it supposed to be?? I actually have an entire allen wrench tool kit with pretty much every size imaginable.

Will post something when I get back home and figure it out.

1 Like

Awesomeeee! enjoy it and be sure to share a video of your first impressions please!

1 Like

@Mr_Mahal looks like they need 2mm allen wrenches.

Overall, first impressions are that itā€™s fast (havenā€™t gone past half throttle). Things that Iā€™ve noticed after 2 minutes on board:

• Thereā€™s a little lag between me pushing the throttle and it receiving (~100ms).
  • There seems to be that dead band people have mentioned earlier in the remote. In general, will need to tune the vescs, but thatā€™s no issue.
  • Wish there were a manual for the remote.
  • The raptor likes going fast!
  • The braking is very hard.
  • The trucks come really loose.
  • Incredibly happy so far!
1 Like

Got em!

This can fixed in the VESC, right?

The manual only mentions the board?

Haha so far every owner says that. What does that mean exactly? It just handles better at fast speeds?

Awesome!! Please share your VESC tunings when youā€™re done

Most issues can be fixed by the bldc tool. The fast part was from the motor not tuned for slow speeds. Wonā€™t probably get a chance to tune until next week

Time constraint or a tool you need? Iā€™d like to make sure I have extra for every tool needed in case one gets lostā€¦ I heard something about the VESCs needing a special USB cable?

Looks like we will have to learn the bldc tool.

I had already planned on doing that 2 hour VESC training. Nothing comes fine tuned lol Really I still need to dive into the research Iā€™d do when making my own build ā€“ it would help give me a better sense when something is wrong and how to troubleshootā€¦all of which could save me from needing to send it in.

Really do hope this gets to me well before the GT does. I have a feeling Iā€™d spend more time on the GT initially if I have to start tinkering with BLDC a lot. After this is all over Iā€™ll probably make a video about it for new riders.

Standard mini usb. The first raptors had the port fairly close to the wall of the enclosure so it was hard to get a cable into the VESC.

New ones have this issue corrected so you can use a regular mini usb without stripping it?

Not sure, you can find a mini usb cable with a small header, or pry the VESC of the board and Velcro it down instead.

@Mr_Mahal Time. Travelling over the weekend and then usy week ahead.

Also, the issue still stands where itā€™s inconvenient to get a regular mini usb cable to fit in the slot. My board, however, cam with the necessary 90 degree usb adaptor to allow for easy manipulation.

After a ~5 mile cruise ( a fair amount went unrecorded), the main things Iā€™ve learned:

• DO NOT LET GO OF THE STICK WHEN GOING FAST. When letting go like that, the skateboard lurches
  • When slowing down, ease off the accelerator.
  • Watch @onloopā€™s video on how to speed up and slow down. Itā€™s obviouso after you accelerate, but better having that in mind first.
  • 45 km/hr is really fast for a first time owner. I donā€™t think I went above 18 the entire time.

Good to hear, Jason did mention he would start shipping them with it but just wanted to try to get a backup incase it is forgotten. [quote=ā€œtreeme, post:174, topic:2219ā€] When slowing down, ease off the accelerator. [/quote] Would it equate to basically applying the break by letting it hit neutral? Seems like that is something programmed in, how would you coast if you canā€™t let go of the throttle?

Ha ha itā€™s insane. Couldnā€™t get past eco on my boosted the first day. Even then it was terrifying for a while. Raptor is definitely not a beginner board but a very exciting one to tame Iā€™m sure.

Maybeitā€™s just my remote, but thereā€™s no dead band for braking.

When letting go with throttle on, the brake gets engaged slightly.

If you click on the remote throttle (like how you can click the xbox remote), it starts cruising.

@ treeme what are your overall impressions? Iā€™m waiting for you to test top speed and range!

Also, if you just let go of the throttle it brakes?? I didnā€™t understand that part, it should just coast and have slight resistance from the belts.

What I mean is: Imagine the throttle is on a scale from 0 to 10, where 5 is neutral, 0 is all the way back, 10 is full forward.

When going forward, I have the throttle at 7 (somewhat forward). Then, I start going downhill, so I immediately let go of the throttle.

The throttle returns back to neutral (5). But when going back, the momentum of the throttle stick brings it back to 4.75 before it hits 5. That jitter causes the raptor to slightly hit the brake (just a bit, but noticable). The brake also cuts in and out sometimes when this happens. NOTE: when actually engaging the brake, it works just fine, but when you just let go of the throttle stick, thatā€™s where it kind of cuts in and out.

Overall, Iā€™m extremely pleased with the product so far.

1 Like

Ah, this is very reminiscent of the BB. With the BB, when you let go of the throttle wheel before letting go of the dead man switch, if youā€™re at speed it will jitter a bit. The way I got rid of the jitter was by keeping my position on the jog wheel static, letting go of the dead man switch, then letting go of the throttle. It all works pretty smoothly and allowed me to coast down hill pretty easily. Too bad there isnā€™t a dead man switch with the Raptor remote. Doesnā€™t seem like a big deal though

Yea with the BB I just let the finger trigger go BEFORE letting the thumb throttle wheel go.

I guess the solution on the raptor would be just to slowly move the joystick back with thumb to neutral position if you want to coast?

Pretty much, I guess Iā€™d just need to retrain my brain lol. Going between two different controllers seems like it will be disorientingā€¦ Damn I just want to ride this thing already. I hate drivingā€¦