Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

yep, this is the most torque/acceleration out of all my boards. It has more torque and acceleration than the LHB even. But the top speed on the LHB is insane, did you get to max out speed on raptor yet?

Interested to hear your thoughts, and maybe give it a rating out of 5 or compare it to the boosted. I think the board may have its quirks, but no denying it delivers on torque/acceleration. Just like the LHB board, it delivers on high speed.

@Mr_Mahal you’re missing out man!

1 Like

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the board. Would love to see the GT torque compared to the raptor. I have a feeling they are very similar honestly (the GT eats hills the BB takes its sweet time going up). Only thing I’m envious of is caliber trucks. Then again with time you get used to it. At the end of the day as long as we’re all riding I don’t think anyone is missing out :slight_smile: My deck just got swapped and sent out today. So I should riding my GT again next week :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ya I did max out, but every time I reach top speed i had to dial it back again because I was at the end of the block. I don’t think the top speed should be the highlight of this board (though it is a bonus). Torque, torque, torque. There is no other way to describe how powerful the motors are. Every time I’m expecting the torque to jump in, it just kicks in more powerful than i expected. I felt like i was about to fall everytime the torque comes in, It’s not even a push, its literally the board kicking me forward. Thank the lord (@onloop) for the kick tail because it provided me with something to stabilize my foot on. This thing is a monster, I think the best comparison I can think of in terms of torque in automobiles world is the Tesla S P90D, the torque on both these machines is really something ungodly.

There is no way BB can hold a match to the Raptors. The Raptor is in a different league of its own. Its like comparing a McLaren P1 to a Porsche 911. Everybody loves to compare their cars to the 911 (in the esk8 equivalent, BB) but its market is completely diff so theres nothing to compare.

I gotta tell you though, that acceleration…my god, my foot was shaking when I was riding it for the first 10 mins, only three things in this world has ever done that to me: my fiancee, the Tesla P90D and this monster Raptor. I hope @longhairedboy board doesn’t have a more powerful torque cause I think I’ll need a new pair of pants everytime I get off that board if he does. This Raptor really is the new standard to beat for me.

2 Likes

well depends on how he is gearing your build and what motors he is using, in reality he could have built me a board with way more torque than the raptor at the expense of top speed. But I opted for top end speed. Imagine the raptor which has a 10s3p battery and two R-spec motors, now you add a 12s4p custom battery which gives out much more voltage…if you keep gear ratios and same number of teeth on the wheel as the raptor, you won’t be able to stand on the board when accelerating. I think with that battery, you could still have a higher top speed than raptor by a couple of mph and still have more torque. IF that’s what you want.

1 Like

nopppppppe, I’m good. I’m using the Witchblade AT deck, which has no kicktail, aint no way I’ll be able to stabilize on that sucker, especially since my specs is for wet roads.

Regardless, I don’t think any production board besides the GT can stand up to the Raptor for the time being.

You want to meet up to do a comparo when I come into DC for work in November @Mr_Mahal? :wink:

@Mr_Mahal I would be VERY surprised if the GT can match the raptor. The raptor has 2 huge 63mm motors while the GT is basically using the same motors that chaka is selling (the 5065 i believe).

I’ve seen videos of GT where it sort of hesitates to get to max speed, if you saw my GPS overlay video…it just gets to 27 mph so fast, I was like babying the throttle in that video also.

Besides performance though, the GT has a lot of obvious advantages though no doubt.

2 Likes

I know size matters, I’m sure the Raptor has more torque. I’m thinking 0-22 type speed tests would be cool since both get to that speed at least no problem. Most of the time I’m riding it’s either uphill or in traffic so getting to 27mph isn’t my number one concern, maintaining speed would have to be a top priority. I still have never gone full throttle on GT and I was using the biggest street wheels…still felt powerful as fuck. Maybe it was because I wasn’t on a board for a while though. I’m really interested to see how I adapt back to a carbon deck with those trucks. Can’t wait to do some testing I never got to do because you know… :wink:

My friend will be getting his GT back on Friday and I still have a spare BB to ride. So maybe I can do some mini tests just to show what it’s like riding next to a GT. That extended ride video my buddy shot did not show it’s hill climbing at all really due to where we were going. Will have to record us going through my neighborhood :stuck_out_tongue:

@Nate sure thing dude. I will have the bamboo GT by then too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

To add on to what you said, I think the Raptor does not compromise, which is a problem for first time users. Theres no way I’d let anyone try the Raptor even if they’re experience DH rider, its torque is quite literally a killer.

The lack of modes really does force you to grow a pair quickly I’m guessing. I don’t think I’d be here if I was forced to ride in GT mode from the get go. I typically stay in the second fastest mode which has less torque but same top speed.

1 Like

@Photorph and @Dedbny, have you guys tested out the battery yet? What kind of range are ya’ll getting? Felt like my battery was draining pretty fast yesterday.

I drove about 15km and it took it down to 65-70%

2 Likes

How do you Like the torque so far? Crazy right?

Crazy!! I love it, scary when not taking lightely lol

Going to do range testing this weekend and will post results in my review thread.

2 Likes

So I got my battery today and decided to charge it before the Raptor arives, so I can ride it immidiately. So I plugged it in and went abotout my day for a while, when i checked and turned it on, it went from 34% to 33%. Thought something might be wrong with the outlout. So I put it in a supervised one, tried again for 20 min -> still not charging. Then i tried a different charger i have from my airsoft times which i could set up so its the same voltage etc. Still no charging. Has anyone every had that problem ? Is my battery faulty ? Am i stupid :slight_smile: ? What can i try to determine if the battery is faulty or not ?

Sounds like the charge port may not be connected to the circuit. Do you have a multi-meter to test it with?

@Jinra mayby ?! I have a lot ef equipment i can use ( my roomate is an electricatian ) but he is sadl yon holidays. I will inform myself what it is and how i can do it.

Edit: Did a quick search on Youtube. Definetly have one somewhere.

1 Like

yea, if you could use it to measure the voltage on the charge port. It should be 35ish volts. If it’s showing 0 or something very low, then it’s probably not hooked up right, or has a broken solder joint.

yep that exactly the case, damn. So I guess i wait till my bud comes back before i try it myself. (never soldered or tinkered with batterys) or should i write up Enertion ? Don’t want to bother them with something trivial, but also wouldn’t want a faulty product.

1 Like

I would definitely email @carl.1 about it.

1 Like