Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

There isn’t much you gotta do. All i did was plug the battery into the connector and that was it, just one step process. Unless I’m wrong since I don’t have the controller yet, maybe @Photorph can jump in and explain.

The bottom of the enclosure has a double sided velcro. here is what I would do step by step.

1. Don’t mess with the double sided velcro. Put the battery in and make sure it fits well. Don’t need to plug in battery yet, just see how you will plug it in and where you will lay the wires. There should be enough space to lay out the wires w/o putting too many crimps in them.

2. Take the battery back out and peel the sticker off the velcro and then just put the battery in. Plug in battery. Push the wires in the small amounts of open space that are there around the motor controllers.

3. Put the lid on and screw in all the screw they gave you. That’s it!

The controller will automatically sync with it. Turn the board on, hold the top front button until it turns on. The light should be red when it is connected to the VESC. Be careful and have the raptor laying upside down, so you don’t smash it into something accidentally. The joystick is very light. Check to make sure it accelerates and brakes.

1 Like

Thanks! Just going to google velcro fast and then g2g :smile: :blush: Edit: ahh thats a velcro :wink:

He has a whole series of videos on raptor.

1 Like

Dude have you tried standing on the board?! I just did it and this thing is massively long! I don’t even know how its possible for @longhairedboy build to be longer than this! It looks so much more smaller in videos, the pictures and videos really doesn’t do it enough justice.

Yeah its longer than expected but awesome for my size I guess. Habe to ride it tough :wink: just got another package with a battery, have not opened it, will give updates on that later lol

You ordered two batteries for raptor?

No but i got another one today lol. It says lithiumion on the outside and it must be a mistake. @onloop Dont mind having a second one :slight_smile:

Are you in germany? I thought someone was missing a battery from germany, I forgot who…buried in 1000s of posts on this forum somewhere. But yes, nice to have an extra one to double range :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey yeah I remember the post but Im quite sure that he has been sent a new one.

hm okay. Someone must be missing something, or they accidentally sent you two…in that case maybe you are lucky lol. Check your card to make sure you didn’t get charged (or in the future).

Finaly my Raptor its on its way! :slight_smile: @Djupex (you are germany, me netherlands) question 4 you, for how long did you wait after you being notified that its shipped ? did you got like info about 2 items being sent? tnx

1 Like

Awesome congrats. Yeah the notification for the Raptor came first then a day later the controller which sadely couldnt start shipping due to weekend and now its somehow taking ages to leave australia but yeah 1 day delay between the notifications. @onloop @carl.1 how shall I proceed with the leftover battery? I opened the box and it really was another space cell. Must have been mistakenly sent to me because the first one was sent a long time ago. I really would love to keep it as a second one, as long as you are fine with it. The second one looks much better manufactured, correctly placed button and no ripped casing :slight_smile:

my deck is 40" with a 27" wheelbase, which is roughly equivalent to the raptor’s wheelbase. They’re not that far off from each other in a number of ways.

This photo is a perspective shot at a low angle but if you follow the lines of the trucks you can see they’re actually very close in length and wheelbase:

i also have a 36" chopped deck with the same concave profile but with no nose or tail.

3 Likes

I think 40" is more believable. I can’t get over how rad the epoxy makes the board look as a whole. Keep up the good work dude!

Also, since @onloop is too busy at the moment to address the handles question, do you know of any other source of materials I can use as the Raptor handles? I’m thinking about going to Home Depot to check over the weekend.

Edit @longhairedboy

@longhairedboy on your website it says 48" for deck length under additional information, might want to fix that!

Additional Information

Dimensions 48 x 12 x 6 in

LMAO that’s the dimensions of the shipping box. Thanks for pointing that out.

2 Likes

Lowes has cabinet handles for days and some of them look pretty rad.

1 Like

Just found out the remote has shipped over at the Fiancee apartment. Literally leaving the office now to race to queens to pick up the control. This feels like its an unhealthy hobby :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just came back from riding this thing. Damnnnnnnnnnnn @onloop, back at it again with the Raptors. The torque on this thing is unbelievable! Its literally instantaneous. I’m following behind a van and I push up the throttle a bit to add speed and the torque just pulls me right up next to the driver, its fukin amazing. Its really not a fair comparison between this board and the other commercial e-board.

I hadn’t plan on doing a review but I changed my mind. I’ll post up a review after 2 weeks. After getting the knick knacks out of the way. There’s already some tiny issues with the board but its in the process of being fix so i’ll talk about that down the line when all is said and done. Amazing board nonetheless.

1 Like