Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

That could work I think, but would have unfavorable results for acceleration and “hillability”.

yes that would happen for sure but would you just have the same problem with 6s? i just read hillbilly and not hill ablillity

not as far as I know, as the voltage is mainly limiting the top speed. At lower voltage you can have the same energy output as with high voltage - all you need is higher current. The thing that is controlled by the VESC is the current while the voltage stays nearly constant (3.X to 4.2V per cell). So with reduced voltage the VESC can just use higher current to compensate. At higher voltage and limited current draw the VESC can only go up to the (in this case relatively low) current limit.

Think of it like: Volt: How fast the motor can turn (top speed) Ampere: How quickly can you get the motor to turn that fast (acceleration) Top speed stays nearly constant while you control the acceleration with your throttle.

2 Likes

i already post photos here, (the guy with battery problem , no charging socket), waiting for your directions, what to do,? to disassemble more? or?

So do those 6 batteries found in the factory include the two I am waiting for? (i.e. I’ve received my boards (USA) and am waiting for batteries and chargers)

I am also curious if the chargers ship with the batteries, as I only see ‘battery’ and not ‘battery and charger.’

@onloop you got a lot of customers just waiting my friend. @sibisi666 needs his battery issue fixed. All US customers waiting on raptors and batteries, speaking of which you said you would talk to the US distributor for batteries. Where the heck are they?

will update you with battery tracking on Tuesday…

I am sending more photos about charging socket, it was completely dislocated and glued to I/O swich, and surrounding plastic ring is broken, check pictures. Also battery pack is covering that cut hole, and its impossible to mount socket on right place, check pictures: waiting for your directions.

cut another hole, hot glue and you should be done

1 Like

Should still be replaced though as it was faulty manufacture.

I agree…and plastic ring is broken, and all components are moved, its faulty unit definitely…

also would he be able to charge his battery from a closed lid?

1 Like

@sibisi666 did they fix your problem? See lates video post on youtube from enertion, he says they are replying to and solving all issues same day now.

nope, not yet, I need replay from @onloop or @carl.1, I post all pictures here, so I’m still waiting, for directions…

If you cut a hole you should still be able to charge it and use it in the meantime, I think youll be shipped a new one no doubt.

2 Likes

You will get a new battery sent. But my factory is closed for holiday.

I will talk to them on Monday and arrange shipment.

2 Likes

yeah definitely - it’s just that it would kill me to have a basically working battery lying around and not use it.

@Photorph :slight_smile:

thank you :slight_smile: I appreciate it. Am I going to get tracking GSL number like for first one?

tarzan lend me his spare battery so i am good at the moment if the space cell will still take a while. the first ride was really exiciting riding such an powerful longboard is hard to compare to anything

1 Like