Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

Ok maybe he can help. But the problem is really that simple. Everytime I use the controller the motor turns out like you see it in the video. There is nothing else. The batteries of the controller and of the board are fully loaded.

In this video you can see that it always looses connection when in use the controller

We are in contact. Problem is some kind of strange. We will meet and I measure some things. Maybe it is a problem withe the space cell and the bms. We will try my battery.

I would say the receiver is faulty. Iā€™ll arrange to send a new one.

order this zero dollar part & write that you need a new remote & receiver sent. http://www.enertionboards.com/how-to-build-eboard/custom-board-upgrade-charge/

@onloop, looks like a faulty fuse connection. The bulk caps get charged and keeps everything on, but as soon as he gives it some throttle, everything shut off, including the vescs

My guess would be the fuse holder or the fuse is not well seated.

now that i re-watched the video it could be related to powerā€¦ It is hard to diagnose from video.

Try by passing the Fuse and see if it stays on.

the new lids are finally done, it took a while to get it rightā€¦

Itā€™s a very close match to the normal CF look, there will be no RF signal deterioration. Also we added some dampening material to reduce noise & vibrations

ALL raptor owners get one sent out free of charge. it will take time to manage the logisticsā€¦ Got to get parts shipped halfway across the globe a few timesā€¦

3 Likes

Holy crap, you are amazing, @onloop!!!

Iā€™ve been beset with blegh weather this past week here in Colorado, with a blizzard followed up with wetness and cold. Finally got back out on the mighty Raptor today, and was all giggles! The only trouble Iā€™ve encountered once taming the VESC settings and tightening up one screw, has been the dropouts, and itā€™s not even that bad (simply have to hold the controller just right). I ride goofy, so the receiver is likely blocked by my heel and calf. Oh, and the griptape likes to peel up a bit ā€“ will fix that with a trip to the hardware store for stronger glue.

This thing draws stares from everyone! The best comment I overheard was after a cruised past a couple of dudes ā€“ one said to the other, ā€œSIIIICK!!!ā€ :sunglasses:

Indeed man, this thing is Da Bomb. Thanks for making one helluva board.

1 Like

thanks for coming on the ride with meā€¦ it wasnā€™t a perfect take off but the end result is what is importantā€¦ these teething issues will be ironed out, then I will focus on mass production so everyone can enjoy the raptorā€¦

unfortunately in a way all the early adopters inadvertently became beta testersā€¦ so I am in debt to you allā€¦ without you, the product would not improve. it would not exist. The raptor will continue to evolve until it is undeniable that it is the best eboard avaialbe

Itā€™s been a fun ride and I look forward to seeing how far you take this. Man, the more I ride the raptor the more I appreciate what youā€™ve done. Is there room for improvementā€¦sure, like any early iteration, but even these early batches (guess I was late first batch?) are so fun and usable. I literally look forward to my six mile (each way) commute nowā€¦and I live in Los Angeles.

@onloop @jacobbloy I tried to connect the raptor with bldc, but it says that the firmware is to old, 1.14 instead of 2.15. do i need to update the firmware or can i get an older version of the bldc tool?

Older version of the BLDC tool. Also you have to change the port settings from 261 to 301 if Iā€™m right.

1 Like

Yep, just download the 1.14 BLCD tool.

Use the search on the forum to find the windows or Mac BLDC download, and then get v1.14

1 Like

I tried to be patient and wait for the fiberglass lid, but the dropouts with my early-edition Raptor were starting to feel dodgy as I embarked upon bigger hills. So ummm, I put my baby under the knife. :anguished:

I used a Dremel to cut about a 1 inch square hole in the lid, directly above the receiver. I then fashioned a piece of black plexiglass to fit perfectly, and glued it in place with an acetone-based glue. The result is night-and-day! Just that one little bit of radio-transparent material is enough to make the dropouts nearly nonexistent. Life is good. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great DIY Solution!.

The lids are coming soon I promise, they will also have noise dampening material built-in.

Hi, I got your parts, but I have no idea how to fix the problem. Canā€™t you send me a video how to exchange the parts or just send me a new board and I send you the old one? Thatā€™s what boosted did, when my dual plus was broke.

I was thinking that you could have pulled back the grip tape. Then do the cut out and infill panel. That way you wont see the mod. Cant wait to get my board back.

Awww, Iā€™m not too concerned about aesthetics. Plus, this way marks where the receiver is, so I donā€™t keep my foot there, blocking signal. :blush:

Twice now Iā€™ve had one motor go down while riding. Nothing particular happening prior to motor going down, just normal riding. Each time Iā€™ve resolved the issue by turning the board off and on. Hasnā€™t really bothered me since it was so easily solved, but I would like to know whatā€™s causing it. Motor wires donā€™t seem loose and I feel like if it was a loose wire it would happen more often. Heel side motor which is attached to slave VESC. Welcome any ideas or suggestions for trouble shootingā€¦

Did this get resolved.