EMF Hub motor final sale!

Because Jimmy Carter sucked!

Lol

1 Like

My new pack for the motors. Super slim!

5 Likes

Has anyone had any luck with getting the thane around the 3d printed sleeve? The sleeve file printed great and fits snug to the hub. but the tolerance for the urethane is already snug.

That particular sleeve hasn’t worked for most people. If you read the thread carefully I created this solution a while back with a design that I made.

The sleeve is thinner tighter and fits better overall. Price is $20 and it works great for everyone that’s used it.

If you really want to use that particular design ride that rubber with no sleeve so it stretches or talk to Jacob on how to make it work for you.

That’s a pic of my design and a wheel that used it for about 250 miles.

This is a proven strategy that works the M1 uses a hard tpu plastic liner around the urethane to maintain structural integrity of the wheel.

Good luck

1 Like

All my tools are imperial sizes :), it super sucks when when an Allen key, almost fits but doesn’t.

(throws a tomato)

like having the correct allen helps anyways. my small screws had so much loctite on them that i had to dremel a slit in them and turn them out with a flat head. The allen was just stripping them.

Guys so on the topic of the urethane I got something new to contribute. Based on what i researched on the solid inner core of the M1 wheel I think the idea can be applied to these motors. I don’t have much knowledge on urethane but I’m thinking on production of inner sleeves that are thicker around 1/4" so the outer perimeter is completely flat around the circumference. Once that’s achieved a regular urethane circular profile can be developed and epoxy bonded to the inner 3d printed sleeve. I have a couple 3d printers and shapeways can also produce the files. I need someone that know urethane really well like @hummie to provide guidance. Ultimately this will allow us to running larger diameter wheels past the current 83mm.

Who’s down to collaborate?

4 Likes

Nice work I think it’s feasible but am honestly still doing research on how to make the most effecient motors and weather hubs can be made more efficient

1 Like

I am sorry if this has been answered but size/type of bearings are in these?

Next up is a 90a urethane cast around the polycarbonate 3d printed core. Sexy?

7 Likes

I am very interested in these!

1 Like

Cool dude thanks, these are going to fit tight ass heck as a matter of fact this one had to be microwaved for 3.5 min to get it to its glass transition temp so it can fit. Once it cooled it’s locked in for life.

1 Like

You really mean 90a or do you mean 90mm urethane? If it is 90mm, the urethane would be a bit thin with the polycarbonate inside. Wouldn’t it be a smoother ride if the urethane is thicker? What is the diameter of the polycarbonate?

1 Like

The urethane is 90a the diameter will be 88mm total the polycarbonate is 71mm at the highest ridges.

17mm /2 there is 8.5mm on urethane cushion.

I’ve never cast urethane and I’m using a smooth PVC mold. It’s that OK? Maybe put some lube in there?

Anyone ever cast urethane… any advice?

If this works we can make bigger diameters but for now I want a working proof of concept.

3 Likes

Here is a really soft urethane wheel I had from a manufacture last year it slipped from the start that’s how soft it was. I epoxied the thin sleeve and it’s roughly at 300 miles of riding no slip. But it does seem the asphalt is taking a toll on the integrity of the urethane. I ride them hard down here in South Florida and I also ride on the sidewalks that are somewhat screwed up too.

2 Likes

I was looking into taking this hub and redesigning it around jacobs hub motor. Maybe run it with 5" slicks and see if it can handle it.

Also found these pics on the inboard m1 wheel. They had slipping issues too!

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Your killing it with the innovation Ralph! Id love to help with the production of those 90mm wheel!! Keep me in touch!

1 Like

Just want to get a feel for the demands of these. How many of you would be willing to buy these if I can put them into production?

You will get 2 wheels for $69 bucks shipped with a polycarbonate core and 90a urethane at a diameter of 86mm. No slip no issues or your money back.

Ideally if this pans out and I can get at least 10 buyers I’m willing to produce the wheels in diameters up to 100mm and expirement with softer compounds. Since the summer is coming around I thought the timing would be perfect. All the materials used are USA based and personally built by me so quality control will no be an issue. My cores for the wheels are fitting very well and take 6 hrs each to 3d print. Later this week I’ll put the file up on shapeways so you can order it and do your own urethane pour if you’d like.

Call me anytime if you’d like to discuss 305 834 2929

The off-road versions will come after.

2 Likes

Would it ever be available with trucks as well?