E-MTB Drive Gear with Spur Gears "Directdrive"

I think a helical gear set sounds like a awesome idea. That and make them out of brass. Hard wearing, low friction and I used to love the sound of my old Husaberg drive train.

Yeah that would be amazing. But the costs of helical brass gears will be very high.

1 Like

First up I think this is awesome and love your style Jens. I want to pull the trigger myself, but if there is anything that makes me think? it is using a 10 tooth spur gear (I can see it is to make the gear box a size with your target gearing). As the gear gets smaller with less teeth the angle (pitch) between the teeth increases and the gear becomes less efficient. 13 teeth at a minimum 14 or better 15 teeth for optimal drive train efficiency on a bike… I can’t help but think the drive train would be more robust with a 4:1 ratio and a higher KV motor? only time will tell and you have infinite more experience than me so no doubt I’m just another asshole sharing a erroneous opinion… Ha! Keep blowing shit up, ill be watching with glee

2 Likes

I think you mean lower KV … otherwise it makes no sense for me

Maybe for the gearbox better what you suggested i agree… but for motor performance a more reduced gearbox will be better

So you have to decide whats more important…

I think its similar with Belt or Chaindrive, a smaller motorgear will wear out faster…

But as seems that the wear of the gears is not critical… so i still think that the gearratio is right

Feel free to comment :smiley:

AArrghhh! it is late in Au, I bow, too much whisky:) le tour is on… priorities:P sorry bro

1 Like

could you post an photo of you most used spur gear setup, actally photo of the gears. and how many km you made with them ? im really interested how they look like after a while. how often dou you add grease ?

greets notger

Look on the other page where he’s selling them. He just posted a set. I believe he said about 700km if I’m not mistaken but that’s a rough estimate. There is wear but looks like a lot of life left. And not like he couldn’t make you a new spur gear if needed👍🏻

are you using sensored motors, if so how easy are they to set up on the Max6. thank you

I run a system sensorless with MAX6 as light Freestyle setup, and a VESC6 sensored Setup for Touring… if you plan to go sensored you cant use the MAX6 for it.

Maybes molykote

1 Like

Hey Thanks for this… tried many stuff the last year… nothing destroyed the wheel-spurs many guys use white lithium grease i actually stick with chain lubrication from mädler

This MOD-2 gearbox is super though… maybe it gets louder by bad treatment but IMO no way to kill it

New Alloy Edition comes up…

NoWind

21 Likes

this looks thicker than the previous version. does it eliminate the separate aluminum used to hold the motor to the plate?

1 Like

True Its integrated treads for clamping and of course for the housing itself, also no need for the motor spacers…this means less parts, less wheight more customer friendly because no fkn nuts to tighten

simpler, lighter, nicer

5 Likes

Those are some big ass tires, what’s the meassure on those?

How does the cost of these new anodized versions compare to the previous version? Including shipping to NZ?

What for tires you talk about ? Actually dont find any (-;

You want the shown orange one? Could ship tomorrow Includet machined Infinity Hanger Shipped to NZ 539€

I was talking about these ones

My Trampa should be arriving this week. What would the cost be if I send you one of my hangers to machine? :slight_smile:

@Eboosted

ah okay sorry long time ago… this are Trampa Mudplugger… Offroad my fovourite one :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT 449€ for the Kit with your Hanger, shipping stays the same

Cheers

FUCK YEAH! :metal::smiling_imp::metal: