E-MTB conversion kit for TRAMPA Mountainboard on a budget

Alright its been a while, but I finally stopped procrastinating and printed a new mount! I went through a few variations before I found one that seems to fit perfectly.

The first mount on the left was printed with PLA, which is the same material as my first generation mounts. Even though I have created extra reinforcements in the structure, I’m not too sure that I will use it because PLA is stiff and brittle. The Second mount was printed using nylon. This will likely be my choice material because nylon has super high strength. Unfortunately, it also has super strong warping and requires higher heat than my printer can manage for the time being. During printing, the part warped significantly, thereby causing it to become unusable. The third part was printed with ABS (I wish I had black, but I only had white laying around). It should be able to withstand more than the PLA, but likely a little less than the nylon. However, it is much easier to work with than nylon. I will test the new mount with ABS for now.

its still REALLY cold in Canada, so I’ll probably have to wait a few weeks before I can do some field testing. Until then, I’ll work on getting my printer to print nylon more effectively.

-Ryan

4 Likes

I think ABS will be good for motor mounts, i don’t use it only because of the smell and need for an enclosure, just can’t be bothered to put so much effort in this kind of toxic stuff :smile:

I like the clamp design, i might even copy that and try it on one of my mounts. Looking forward to see how ABS will hold up!

It usually isn’t so bad as long as you have a well ventilated area or an air filter, but yeah an enclosure is definitely a must. I took a day to build mine out of pine and Plexiglass. So far it works great!

Although it helps manage the ABS fumes, I’m looking forward to printing with less harmful nylon.

I’m going to add my second mount soon and then hopefully weather will cooperate long enough for me to test these out!

1 Like

That enclosure looks really nice, unfortunately my CR10 is huge so an enclosure would mean a lot more work :smile:

I think Nylon based stuff is the way to go!

1 Like

im looking at building a trampa build and goign for a chain drive. i was wondering if you could point me in the direction of where you got the chain and sprockets from to fit the superstar hubs of the trampa?

Idk exactly about this one, but you can get them from here

Or here

https://www.unikboards.com/en/

Or here

https://www.overion.fr/produit/kits-de-transmission-pour-motorisation-electrique/

1 Like

I usually get most of that stuff from this website: https://shop.sdp-si.com/catalog?brand=sdp

it can be much cheaper to get it from a website like this, however, you will probably have to drill the holes precisely by yourself.

1 Like

Hey Special Offer for this : 300€ shipped Worldwide

1 Like

what bag are you using for the battery im thinking about a top mount but i dont want some thick big bulky plastic piece sitting on my deck

It’s one that I got from a military surplus store. They usually have a bunch of different sizes that you can choose from

1 Like