Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

Trampa trucks fit MBS board without ajustement. Holes for spring pins are the same for both MBS and TRAMPA trucks.

3 Likes

@Kug3lis are you planning to sell the mtb mount and box as a combo? Do the dual boxes come with grommets/ weather stripping? Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed itā€¦

It would be great to see skate holes as well in the same plate,disadvantage of that I couldnā€™t think of

The innermost holes look like they might work?

Would be nice to have confirmed @Kug3lis wanna do old skool/new skool too on the same plate or does it get too crowded?

Hardly any force needed to hold an electronics box so swiss cheese effect should not introduce a problem huh?

@Deckoz Yes the FocBox enclosures comes with grommets for the cables and plastic plug for USB hole. I donā€™t know yet about combo, but you will be able to buy them separately in the store.

@banjaxxed Now the outermost holes was only available on the plate but we will add also the other pair of wholes too.

Next Tuesday the rubber shock mounts will come. It will be part of the kit to easy in vibrations of the Focboxā€¦

1 Like

Bonus is deck hole deformation protection much like the @akhlut X-Things, more so if you need two enclosure due to 4WD :slight_smile:

Bundle option with an enclsoure is a nice idea for few euros less, that ship sailed on me already, Iā€™m fully enclosed!

2 Likes

Came to see the Case Stayed for the pictures :smile:

1 Like

Skate hole_pattern

Some plausable MBS hole pattern https://grabcad.com/library/mountainboard-mbs-pro12-1

https://www.thingiverse.com/download:2985724

3 Likes

More single box being made?

@Kug3lis hey man. Looking to checkout with a dual finned enclosure and the mtb mount. But I cannot find the mount in the store? :slight_smile:

@E1Allen yes will be available again in 2-3weeks.

@Deckoz that mount was first made for my own board and never intended for selling but as people liked and asked for it itā€™s being made so it will be available also in 2-3 weeks

1 Like

Oh ok cool, I will wait until itā€™s available so I only have to pay shipping once to USā€¦ Please let me know when it is :slight_smile:

Sure I will notify you :wink:

1 Like

5 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna be great with the enclosure.

Wonder if it takes two single enclosures? No real reason beyond interest and I donā€™t have any singles, but bet it would look cool al the same

1 Like

Did an off road hill test today where my previous build reduced speed halfway due to focboxes overheating (original enclosure / ultrabox 206).

I could power up there full throttle now. Mind you, the previous build had issues at - 5 degrees celcius during winter . The finless case performed better at 20 degrees.

9 Likes

Itā€™s nice to hear some real world test casesā€¦ I still waiting for my own to arrive so I havenā€™t yet tested myself :wink:

2 Likes

What have you done additionally to weatherproof the casE?

Time will tell if it worked, but I sealed the PCBs with a spray (tape off the fets) and put silicone in between the two halves of the case and around/in the cable grommets. The standard wires of the focbox are not thick enough to completely close the gaps In the grommets, neither are the xt60 cables.

1 Like