Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

Ordered a dual case (without fins, easier to clean). One side of the focbox is some kind of plastic. Is there anything, besides the direct FET side, that needs to be isolated from the focbox PCB to prevent shorts?

2 Likes

You just need to use thermal pads for FET’s and everything else has no connection to the case apart standoff legs. If you want to keep safe (paranoid) you can glue some Kapton tape around the case.

excellent, thanks for the info.

1 Like

Or use conformal coating which provides an extra layer of security with any contamination entering the case

3 Likes

I think it would be nice for mountainboard if cable outputs were symetrical. I mean there would be cooling fins up and down the case and the two focboxes would lay on opposite sides in the case. I would buy a case like that. I don’t know if you see what I mean.

1 Like

The problem is that FET’s are on one side only if I made it symmetrical (flip board) then whole cooling fin concept would kinda useless.

P.S. Even without the case it would look the same, in case you mount one on top and one on bottom which would also look not nice :wink:

Although my extremely robust kydex case is not super sexy. You can cut holes and leave space in back for the phase wires to come out symmetrical and provide additional protection.

3 Likes

I thought about something like that : da8e43032fffaab592161ab9e354d31b1d553e3b_1_375x500

Cooling fins on both up and down sides of the case.

The case would be fixed to the mountainboard using the bolts of the back truck, with things like that (sorry I’m french : weird ideas and bad english :grin:)

ddd

Dual enclosure with fins are back in stock!

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/FocBox/

This is how you can mount your case on eMtb

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: Just to know, is it pre-drilled this way (I mean MBS & Trampa truck bolt pattern)?

1 Like

Yes, just make holes in case and this adapter fits nicely :wink: At the moment only for trampa as it was design for my own use only :slight_smile:

That is so incredibly clever…! You could do a 4WD build with the Lacroix board using these and not have an issue at all where to place these vs batteries!

1 Like

Would it be possible to have this mounting option for dual ESCape’s?

Ok, I’ll buy one if I can get an adapter for MBS decks (on the photo below I use a TRAMPA VERTIGO truck on both MBS and Trampa decks). Could you modify the adapter so as to? :star_struck:

@DavidC I did not plan to make this available to buy as nobody asked or wanted something similar. As to make just several pieces is not efficient, if you really want this mounting plate we can try to make a group buy or something like that which would be universal for both Trampa and MBS :wink:

@uigiroux I am not going to make anything for ESCape’s as there other forum members working on the cases and etc.

I dont know I think maybe those 4 holes matches MBS decks

1 Like

Wouldn’t be too hard to drill another pair of holes in the plate

Yes It obviously fits without any modification.

What about spring pin position?