Do larger diameter wheels make more stable ride?

I dig it. It’s weird, it’s just the Evo for me though. All of my other decks are setup opposite. The Evo is just weird.

Honestly I almost tossed it when I first built it cause it road like a big fat turd, but after experimenting with different risers and bushings and loosening the trucks more than I generally am.comfortable with this is what I came up with.

Now it’s a frikking monster. It’s the only board I have that I’m semi-comfortable at 30+ mph.

It’s kind of difficult to find a specific belt on that site. The search doesn’t find specific terms.

1 Like

All about the wedges and dewegdes with that thing.

I think if you would step one my favorite set up you would think I am crazy :slight_smile: 52 degree front 20 degree back, dual 6374. loving it :)^

PS: I lot of guys ran chubby hourglass bushings on evos boardside. IF you ever feel bored try that out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm guessing easy donuts? :yum:

I think I found the right ones. Thanks

1 Like

It’s funny you said that. I’m building an Arbor Highground on MBS Matrix IIs at 15 in back and 35/40 in front. No idea how it’s gonna ride but it kinda made sense in my head :smiling_face:.

I didn’t try that, definitely worth a look. Guess I’ll give riptide some.more money :smiling_face:.

Part of my issue now is that their site has so many to choose from lol

EDIT: too many bushings to choose from

1 Like

Find your center to center distance (from pulley to pulley centers) then go to belting online and use their belt calculator. That should give you the exact belt length you need.

1 Like

That’s what the Evo was built for… 35 degree trucks for an ending 50/20… :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the belts look like

250-5M-15 synchronous timing belt which means 250mm long, 5mm teeth spacing, and 15mm wide and 250/5 = 50 teeth total on the belt

So just change up those numbers for what you need after counting how many teeth you need. Use a pen or marker so you don’t miscount

3 Likes

What he said^

1 Like

I believe I found the right ones. Thanks

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ :slight_smile:

This is what i use, its really easy.

1 Like

So, where do folks typically find larger wheel parts? Like motor mount, pulleys, etc? I know about trampa but I’d prefer a US supplier. I’m still looking to rig it together myself, but just in case. Ebay maxes out at 97mm wheel stuff.

1 Like

Thanks. But 7mm seems too thin, and 18mm seems too wide

I wonder if it still works with the center or one side off to make it fit better.

Its got 3 pieces, a piece with a arim, a piece for the inside with no rim and another piece with a rim. You can add/remove the inside pieces all you want. I guess you could run without the outside rim but I wouldn’t. 18mm is for a 15mm belt.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense. The whole thing should fit then. Is it a problem with the pulleys being this close? Remember, this is not the same Pulley I will be using but it’s the right size. The teeth don’t match up. And on the other truck the motor mount fits closer to the center of the truck.

the first thing is to define the standard of the pulley and the belt. Are they both HTD 5M? It doesn’t look like the wheel pulley is. Does the belt fit the motor pulley?