Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

i think even you use 180kv motors you still can;t make it good, i suggest using our esc for this at board kit.

As long as the 180kv motors will fit this mount, then it will be well below the 60K erpm limit at 10 or even 12s

problem is we use 5065motors in this at board with 260kv, we only have 180kv for 5055 motors, if you ok with that, and still worried if your vesc works fine with this kv.

I’m not worried about them being 5055. I just need you to confirm that they will work with these mounts

2 Likes

it works well, this is the 5055 and 5065 motor mount, i will check our stock for this 180kv 5055 motors availablily and message you know.

People may decide to buy one of your kits and a TB VESC that is limited at 60,000 RPM. Anything above 200KV might cause a DRV error/burn the chip.

we specifically designed our esc and kits with suitable compatible kv per different motor and board in different esc. like 270kv 5055 works with our own dual belt esc 180kv 6354motors works with our off road esc and 270kv 5065 motors works with our at board esc. hub motor 75kv with our hub esc

we are improving our kits and esc in diy eboard field, and so far most of our kits are from our complete board open to sell seperately for diy builders.

checked we have no 5055 180kv motor stocked and won’t sell that kv motor unless for customized orders with MOQ limit. sorry.

I know…but only because i stumbled upon similar limitations whilst upgrading components.

It’s not my place to comment on this, but here it goes. Offering kits without including the accompanying esc is problematic if you don’t offer KV options or at least mention that some of your kits are not compatible with VESC.

http://www.diyeboard.com/6-wheels-allterrian-electric-skateboard-power-truck-diy-kit-p-619.html

No KV mentioned. You could argue that the customer should have asked for the KV/motor options.

2 Likes

Yeah seriously…now I’m basically stuck with kit that will either under-perform with a bottlenecked esc or hope that some motors can be sourced with the correct bolt pattern?

What is the bolting distance?

i am awefully sorry for not abale to offer you 180kv 5055 motors, i will try to source suitable ones and update you know here. and my best suggestion is using our epecific esc for this at board power kit. this esc can work well with the kit. http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-belt-drive-outrunner-motor-esc-speed-control-kit-p-561.html

we are not proffessional in english discriptions and really our fault not stating clearly the kv on this kit. we will correct it now.

1 Like

KV options on a kit? Wouldn’t that be nice.

These kits are compatible with VESC. If you are using a 270kv motor you have to limit your battery to not hit the erpm limit. So going with 6s-8s is going to work with these kits.

OR you can just buy a complete tuned board from them and ride it. If you want a DIY board be prepared to learn about how to build boards.

2 Likes

You can use a 6s battery pack and VESC and still make this kit work.

1 Like

It’s all a bit complicated…and yes, KV options are required there. True DIY is about options and understanding limitations.

These are advertised as both AT kits and street. The link offers the AT wheels included. For AT you don’t want lower than 10s and higher than 200 with proper gearing (applies to Vesc Only).

8s or lower will cause severe under performance due to comparatively high amp draw as opposed to 10S. Hill climbing out the window, unless you get a 6s 150A esc.

You can make anything work, but the performance will be junk = more money wasted.

Options in his case:

• Different motors (possibly with different motor mount(
  • Not using Vesc, but going with dual 6s 150a ESC.
  • Using DIY’s esc (capped at 25/30A) *Vesc 6?

Anything else leads to poor performance.

2 Likes

These were the motors I bought to replace the 260kv with a 140kv but alas the bolt pattern on the included kit is tiny

i will try to source the 180kv 5055 for you and message you know.

The ESC from DIYeboard works well with this kit. But some people, Like me, like the option to only buy pieces so I can use those other options.

I agree that those motors are not perfect for the setup. That is why I got the TB trucks w/ TB trucks and motors.

If I was going to get the kit you linked I would ONLY go with their ESC. But I could make a vesc work with 10s. I would just have to limit the max ERPM capping my max speed at around 20 depending on pulley ratio.

1 Like

yes, there is something to be said for DIYE’s stuff all fitting together and it’s not like they do not offer alternatives that are VESC friendly. If you know your stuff and what questions to ask, you can find your product. The TB stuff is typically more adjustable with proven designs.

Setting RPM limit appears to be controversial with a fair amount of people still frying VESCs with high KV motors.

2 Likes