DIY Trampa long 35 E-MTB | Dual VESC SIX | Sensored EMAX GT5345

Super Nice @squad Done the same with normal brass, time will tell …

3 Likes

@squad, @Nowind you guys should sell these as an upgrade! I know they’re a consumable part but the plastic bushings crack way too easy.

Do you feel any difference in the ride btw?

4 Likes

i’d be up for some phosphor bronze bushings :wink:

could even post em to Dan then he can fwd them to me?

1 Like

Hell yeah for sure - or just catch the ferry over on my board!!! :wink:

I turned them on my manual lathe so it took some time to get them accurate. Only install was pain in the A$$ I made them a bit oversized and literally had to hammer those in place (plastic bushings are more forgiving in matter of tolerances). I must say I didn’t have much chance to test those in long term performance, only had like one ride, no noticeable difference for me tho.

Maybe @Nowind can add something more? I bet he also has more production capabilities than I do :smiley:

1 Like

Haha Funny mine come out with some serious oversize too :joy: I´m missing long therm expierences, but i´m looking forward to a good result… Going now with special sintered bronze material…

The question is how to handle the different flange thicknesses ??? Trampa offers them in 3 sizes from 1-1.5-2mm i guess… If a potential customer dont know the needet size he will have to order all variantes or get maybe a not fitting bushing… i would need 5€ per piece… would be okay if they hold up IMO, for me its not the price of the original parts but changing them on the driven Truck is a PITA and cost some time

Did you have an great Idea or a medium good Idea Brothers ? :grin:

@Cobber
@DanSkates

you could to the distribution for Australia :sunglasses:

its not that problem for me to do a batch but how we handle the differnt sizes

Cheers Jenso

10 Likes

Sorry for the delay bro @Nowind. Let me have a think on this. In the process of setting up an online shop to start distributing esk8/emtb stuff in Oz (initially to help me shift the surplus Enertion stock) but I would love to stock Trampa out here! This would make a wicked upgrade but I need to get a bit more organised first. In the meantime if @Cobber is keen on a set I’m happy to ship a few sets each out. I’ll check what size I’m rocking and keep you posted.

yeah I’m up for some @DanSkates

@Nowind is doing a bunch of kit for me atm, he could throw some bushings in for us with that package if you want (are happy to wait) Dan?

1 Like

Sounds good to me brother - I got loads of spare plastic ones so I can burn through those. What you ordering btw? If you ever fancy a ride in SA look me up! I’m gonna build a kicker next week and practice my 3s! :wink:

1 Like

Some recognition here.

3 Likes

Noice! :smiley: Thanks for Your kind words @onloop! The board is still running great BTW :wink:

1 Like

Your build is so well finished, congrats mate. Any chance you can provide me with the measurements for your motor mounts, braces and the “wheelie bar” (another brilliant idea btw)?

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks! :pray: I’m unable to help for this moment, I’m away from home and don’t have access to my computer where I have sketches (last semester and final exams,you know…). However I think they may not be much of a help for you, every dimension is determined by transmission you’re going to use. For example, my crossbraces would be to long for a belt drive, or even larger chain size set up (there would be not enough space between wheel and motor mounting plate). When You plan to do it all Yourself it’s simply the best to have all components of the drivetrain in hand and measure them, and start from there. Good luck

I just finished school, totally understand! I am on research mode right now, your board is mind blow man, I wish you had a whole video of step by step for newbies like me hehe. Thanks for your help, I will keep researching and hopefully start this project asap. Good luck with finals :wink:

1 Like