Diy battery pack using Basen 26650 hi drain Li-ion cells

Sorry I didn’t mean your batteries, any idea why my battery indicater was showing 100% up to end of my ride and 25 volts when tested?

…did you configure it for 8s?

As @Sebike is suggesting, you most likely don’t have the meter set for the correct number of cells.

I think you’re right but it came with no instructions, theres two buttons on the back one does nothing and the other just flips from battery full symbol to volts.I’ve tried different combinations but no change so I have left it on in volts mode .any ideas from you would be great.

Hold the button that does nothing while turning your board on and the meter should enter settings mode

1 Like

You should have gotten the Sanyo 20700 30A continuous.

I gave it a try and it comes up with a P a F and a L
The P must be pack but what’s the F and L

Why?? The batteries I bought are well adequate

Can you post pics of your meter

After looking at other voltmeters on eBay I have been able to get a better idea of how it works the P is lead acid the L is lithium so I’m tinkering with it setting it to L and then to 8s I think a problem may be occuring because I have two 8s 2p in parallel and maybe I should set it to 8s 4p what do you think?

20180716_190322 20180716_190214 20180716_190110

2 Likes

Pics not come out too well

1 Like

looks good to me!! :slight_smile:

You only set it according the number of cells in series. Parallel doesn’t matter to the meter. It only reads voltage and divides it by the number of cells in series.

Hi namasaki when I set the battery indicator to 8s it shows only 30%charged but the voltmeter shows 28volts thats more like 98%charged

8s liion fully charged should be 33.6 volts. Unless you’re using lifepo4

1 Like

You might find this chart useful

IMG_6197

Yes thanks, just received the spec for battery display so I now have it on the right setting many thanks for your help

1 Like

Hello Community, My name is Chase I need to replace a Boosted V1 battery it only gets about 2mi at this point. I am torn between just replacing with the same old A123 2665s 3s4p orrrrr adventuring to use these Basens, and hope for a brighter tomorrow. Anyway, please shed some wisdom on what I should replace my Boosted V1 pack with. Thanks

I believe you best bet is to replace your old cells with new cells of the same type. A123 are good cells and the rest of your system is designed to work with them.

1 Like