Confused about all the noise around ESCs. What do I get?

“best” is very fuzzy.

Best power? Best price? Best waterproofing? Best repairability? Best shipping time? Best software? Best compatibility? Best throttle curve? Best remote selection? Best dual motor setup? Best single motor? Best vibration-proof? Best lightest? Best looking? Best voltage rating?

Ollin Board VESC seems to have a good reputation!?

ollin vescs are permanently out of production

3 Likes

I guess I’m looking for the most popular one. I just want to be able to configure settings to tweak my power curve. And maybe link up some led strips that react to the speed of the board.

You probably should not consider anything that’s not VESC-based then unless you’re an embedded systems engineer. There are lots of VESC-based ESC manufacturers though. Are you interested in cheaper or more robustness?

Robust. But not so much that I’m willing to pay for 2 vesc-6 or 2 of trampas vesc.

The FOCBOX is basically the best for that currently but they aren’t for sale anywhere yet

If you’re in the USA, longhairedboy.com will have them at some point. Nobody actually knows when.

Torqueboards also sells a 12s 120A ESC. I’ve bought two for two separate single motor boards. They are reliable and customizable, with the programming card. The more recent one I got from him has better firmware on it, brakes are smooth. And there’s a second 5v port for leds.

You could look at the ESCape and B-BOX

The B-box isn’t for sale yet…

… just like FOCBOX

You could put your name on the list for the first 50 but I’m assuming they have already been taken…

I’m pretty sure street wing has Focboxes

2 Likes

They haven’t, only like 35 have been spoken for

2 Likes

You may need to make it more obvious that people can fill out a form. Unless you read the whole thread there’s currently no way for people to know that you’re even taking preorders.

2 Likes

I knew he was and it still took a long time to find it again. @bimmer I recommend editing the top post with the links.

1 Like

Me too. I heard about the form but then it took me ages to find it.

Can anyone link me to the form post?

Thanks for all the help everyone. @Exiledd_Top gave me a great deal on some torqueboards ESC controllers. So I’m going to go with those until the smoke clears on all the focbox stuff.

Topic id 44375; Post id 199 / number 173

2 Likes

Ordered nice one