Complete ESK8 - Made by Builders - Looking for US builders

What Deck shape do we want?

Depends if the final poll result is longboard or cruiser. If it’s longboard it will probably be vanguard/evolve gt shape. If cruiser maybe more raptor style

With the current votes, it will be a longboard without a kicktail, all aluminium mount, underneath enclosure (much cheaper), sealed motor with sensors.

We are thinking a single 6374 motor which will be powerful enough, while making it easier to service and cheaper.

I will be doing a design today or tomorrow of the drive train with a cover over the whole belt to make it look cleaner. Deck shape input?

1 Like

Micro drop (micro concave?) if possible… though im not very experienced with different deck, so maybe create a poll for that now too, if possible?

Also depends on what choice of decks we get anyways… and for what price etc.

As for motor… I would still think whenever 6364 isnt better… though, this doesnt matter as much, if it is shorted than turnigy 74 motors, which seem to be quite a bit longer than others… :smiley:

Drop of deck:

• Micro Drop
  • Drop
  • Flat

0 voters

Shape of deck:

• Landyachtz Topspeed
  • Loaded Vanguard
  • Jet Spud but longer
  • Something else comment below

0 voters

I’d suggest talking to @treenutter about decks, he might be able work something out with you. If you need assembly help I’m available.

1 Like

Would love some input from @treenutter regarding pricing of deck. Thanks @mmaner

1 Like

one little commment on the old Thread, then I go to sleep and BàM poeple all fired up. Love it!

I think we have a lot of good ideas already or at least possibilities. What the next step would be is to form a group, who is willing to meet and take on this project. Then those within the group should get “work” and every week we should meet and make an update how far we are in certain areas.

I think we all agree that lipos are no option and 25R cells (30q) are the way to go here. But we can keep talking components for ever. We need to find poeple who could put in the time, the work and even meet up once in a while.

I have no chance of being able to help assemble. But I can get all the parts and manufacturers organised. If someone in the US would like to start organising a group that would be great

We already have our own little ‘work group’.

But at this stage it is too international :smiley:

So your idea still stands but before shipping out parts and assembling someone can still speak with part manufacturers / retailers and figure out the pricing and so on.

// Ok @lox897 got first to you // But the point is similar, yes

2 Likes

to that point, do you think 1 group per continent ? like an EU team and a USA team ?

1 Like

Yes one US and one EU. And I’ll do all the parts work here in Aus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe we should create a map for ‘collaborators’ .

Someone good with creating such google maps thing?

We would need location + possible skills / contact window. (just like we had esk8 riders map)

Good Idea. ! 10/10

I think we have about 5 people now who have shown general interest…

USA:

@MrHappy (Michigan) @mmaner (Alabama)

AUS:

@lox897 (dont know your state, sorry :smiley: )

EU: @michichopf (Switzerland, Central Eu) @Okami (Latvia, East Eu)

Not sure about @anorak234 but maybe he steps in soon enough, too…

Though, this will probably be a ‘reference’ to check out which members might be close… so far we havent really developed close ties with anyone we could easily visit personally… :smiley:

So for now we gonna work on the idea level internationally… but when the time comes that map might come useful, so lets maybe create it for that scenario,… (my 5 cents)

Waiting for @lox897 to give some input

I’ve had 5 hours to think about this at school, so this is what I came out with About money: I think we should organise it just like a group buy. One person from Europe, possibly Germany or somewhere like that, and one from USA (I say one, it may be multiple, maybe battery experts control battery shipping and production, motor experts check that and so on), get the money and buy for all. Not single parts, completes. Maybe a couple of options for decks, wheels or battery layout, but everybody gets nearly the same. The ones who do the shipping get a percentage of the whole, but still way lower than any shop/group buy that usually adds 50% minimum. Everyone who gets the parts establishes a local mini production site, just a couple of boards, and we create a Web throughout Europe and USA. If somebody needs something like this board (and somebody does), he just has to contact his nearest producer member and ask for the board. He will have the warranty of a good board because all parts will be the same, no margine of error. Standard connectors (let’s say 5.5mm bullets for motors, xt90 for battery) so people don’t rely on our own soldering jobs. Every single one decides what price to set. Maybe Germany will be higher than Italy because of market floating, or maybe you just want to produce one for a friend for a lower price. Nobody will keep stock for others for too much time, nor their money. This way, we should be able to get very low prices, divide shipping costs from China and have a reliable well known and trustful board. Everybody is happy and the market grows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Add yourself to map if you want to take part: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2546688

I think we are going to keep holding onto this idea yes… someone organizes a big groupbuy for all the parts, then parts get shipped out to the destination, where the assembly and control process takes place.

Then depending on Geographical Location, Taxes and other costs involved, the final completes can be sold further.

Still misses the funding part but once we get some designs and parts lined up ready to be ordered I think it will be a way better looking deal (also with responsible parties - at the receiving end in USA and EU, Aus, too maybe ? )

2 Likes

Use map link above and click additions, add marker

I think the best course of action would be to have a person organisie eatch individual part for a group buy. So trucks, wheels, motors, mounts, pulleys etc. The good thing would be that we could get quite a big quantity with this project combined with an open group buy. But I fear a little that poeple will love the opportunity to get cheap parts but will loose sight of the bigger plan.

I have an Idea that I will check. TLDR of that Idea: Got 4 poeple who want a board, I cann find 1-5 more I believe. Good thing about that they are all located in my country (which is tiny). So get parts here, ask 2 poeple of my squad who are expert builders and well educated on both the electrical engineer side and the business side. As soon as I have a price list of components, we then calculate the price with mayby a 50$ Fee per board assembly (crazy low I know, but sacrifices have to be made in the beginning) and then “sell” them to our friends/members.

As a beta production I think this would be awesome.

PS:" We have so much interest in our huge longboarding scene (localy) about esk8ts. Mayby we can get the complete Kit as a workshop:" build your onw esk8" and with the costs of that workshop, cover our expenses. Again, free thinking here, nothing concrete, but I think easily doable ( since I am in contact with both the scene/shops and the riders).

1 Like