Kushboard | Dual 6355 | 10s4p 30Q | Janux Drive | Boas | DIY Enclosure

I would drill a hole in the pulley cover for the thru motor shaft.

1 Like

Update, i decided to cut the motor shaft down, did it with an angle grinder and a disc sander to get it nice and flat.

Fits nicely!

I also got some nice foam with an adhesive, lined up the enclosure real nice.

5 Likes

Those mounts painted black look nice!

Do you have anything securing that Keyway into place? It looks as if it could slide out, cutting into the pulley cover

1 Like

A vesc better than FB is a Vesc6 :smiley:

1 Like

I glued the keyway to the shaft with 24 hr epoxy. It should hold, i hope!

What about the ESCape? I’ve been reading up on that too, and it seems promising.

Id like to buy 2 of those but there arent any for sale ATM steewi is planning a production, hopefully soon.

2 Likes

Apparently they’re spotty. Mine blew after less than 30 miles. Focbox in the mail!

1 Like

Hi guys, i have an issue where the belt will tend to rub on the wheel. Any way to fix it so there’s some leeway? Or should i get another pulley with a flange?

1 Like

Nudge the motor mount to the side a bit

Tb mounts are known to be good. Pretty sure @longhairedboy uses them

1 Like

Mine came loose when riding for the first time, after applying threadlocker too. A C clamp would be better than four set screws holding to the truck i feel.

Did you install it how @Deckoz does? Using an Allen socket and tightening the back bolts first.

Tutorial is in here.

2 Likes

I used his method and so far it’s good. Only been able to ride 20km but it seems solid now…

I see, i used a long allen key with a plastic handle so i figured that’ll be enough torque to tighten the clamp. Perhaps i’ll try it again when i build a new board!

Thank you! There’s about 1mm of clearance now. I used three ice cream sticks as spacers.

But now as the mount is closer in the middle, the bearings for the idlers do not wrap the belt fully, extra washers for the bearings to stick out is my next to do list.

1 Like

Bro put a speedring between the bearings! Two bearings rubbing up against each other is not good in any case. They are never perfectly aligned and that causes unnecessary friction. I also recommend you get a top M4 washer that is a little bigger and while youre at it put 1-2 underneath. Problem with your spacing solved.

Your motor pulley kinda looks like a 15mm pulley?

6 Likes

Yep it’s a 15mm pulley, however i’m using a 12mm belt. So how should the sequence of the bearing and washers go? Bolt/washer/bearing/washer/bearing/washers?

I bought some washers with 4,5mm inner, 12mm outer diameter and some normal Skate “Truck axle washers” aka Speed rings Your sequence is correct. Bolt, washer, bearing, speed ring, washer/s, mount, locknut Make sure your bolt is still long enough to go through the complete nylon locking on the nut. Apply lots of loctite.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where to get nylon spacers for the idlers - 4mm inner, 8mm outer diameter? The ones that come with the mount don’t fit perfectly plus I want to be able to replace them.