Boss level custom spot welder

Quite narrow. Put the tab on it. You can use 7mm.

1 Like

Uoouu. I was expecting so much more. So the strips can be set above that pieces? Good to know Gracias @rojitor

Yup. Those things are designed to be put and weld on them. I used 10mm on those. No problem at all For your reference: https://youtu.be/iYOh_15mri8

First you put the separators and then you weld on it. No problem.

1 Like

As anybody already changed mosfet on this welder ?

I exchange with lee by mail regularly (and thanks to him for having the patience to answer my questions), but the communication is not simple as our mother tongue is not English. I have some questions to ask :slight_smile: thank you

Not sure about that. Some people at the sphere talked about it but never posted results. I am not certain they did it. You can ask it there too. I don’t know if you are a member there. This is the link

1 Like

Funny. I had already watched that one, and other videos. But I never noticed the strip goes above the plastic and nor I between. Just always assumed it fitted between the plastic pads

Lulz :joy: Ye Sometimes we do not pay attention to details.

@rojitor Thank you for this! I just bought individual black spacers today (for my 10s4p evolve upgrade project) at aliexpress and was wondering what I was going to do about the spot welder until I stumbled upon this thread and read the whole thing. My roommate insisted on the microwave method, which to me is another DiY project I do not want to commit to. The Sunkko is huge and expensive. This Boss Welder is perfect, especially cause of it’s size. I have emailed the creator for one :slight_smile:

After some battery insulators arrive I’ll get to work on spot welding some 0.15mm Pure Ni strips to 18650’s with the above spacers attached, bypassing the need for a jig. However, in your latest video, I noticed that you did not use any insulators while using the spacers on the 18650’s - are the insulators unnecessary?

1 Like

Very easy to use for a first timer.

3 Likes

I always use gaskets on the cells. Between them fish paper is not a must if you use spacers. They breath and do not touch each other so no problem. Use always gaskets on the contacts. That part is very easy to short. Between cells is recommended or a must depending on your battery shape, heat, performance. …

@rojitor, you are the boss spot welder here, thanks

1 Like

Nah…just a mere user. Lee is the boss :muscle:

1 Like

when should I wash it or can I remove the seal now?!

the pushbutton knob is my favorite electronics interface.

3 Likes

It is an early model picture. The seal of the buzzer can be removed.

Other FETs can be used. However, fakes are distributed to high performance FETs. please, Buy on reliable parts distributors.

30deg, no prewash needed, don’t mix with undies

2 Likes

So do I have to say in PayPal send to friends and family abroad?

That’s not mandatory. I asked you guys to consider that option because lee is double charged. Paypal charges their fee plus conversion to korean currency. Since he is making a really low profit (if any at all) out of this it’s convenient if we do so. I did. It’s up to you take that consideration. Again…Not mandatory.

1 Like

I didn’t specify my issue, my bad. I guess I’ve never sent PayPal overseas to friends and family which is why it only gave me goods and services option. So I clicked on send money abroad to F&F. Is was just making sure that was the correct option. F&F is fine by me.

2 Likes

For your Peace of mind: tracking

As you can see he is transparent.