BIG TORQUE - Reliable board for the larger rider + DIY CNC Tab Welder

Try googling modelling board, comes in almost any size.

The most dense stuff has a great finish and you can make molds to cast parts from. http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/gcnc/cb-silicone.jpg

The lower density stuff is often used for large scale surface modelling https://www.rqriley.com/images/xr3foam2-big.jpg

4 Likes

This is what I was looking for! The shit is what I need for Kydexing my enclosure. :star_struck: :+1:

Great for you to be able to share how your build is evolving. Love the new enclosure - very nice work man.

SHITSGOINGTOGETHER UPDATE:

Holes marked and drilled . . . Check. Battery packs fitted . . . Check. Wiring adjusted and tidied . . . Check.

Board marked and drilled . . . Check. Brass threaded inserts Fitted . . . . erm . . . . uhhhhhh. . . . . . . . . Check. EPDM Seal Cut . . . Check

Cover everything in Hot Glue so nothing Rubs . . . Check & Double Check Kapton all loose wires down . . . Check Get ready to awkwardly put both half’s together . . . yep

Lift . . . Flip . . . . . Bolt everything together . . . . . Check

Finally Ready For a test ride :smile:

17 Likes

Looking sweet! What configuration is the batteries in?

They are 12s3p but unusual in that each cell in a parallel group is in a different pack.

2 Likes

Just been thinking how awesome some trampa cable risers would be.

Thoughts?

30 Likes

Surprised it hasn’t been done yet

3 Likes

Gorgeous !!!

2 Likes

Almost did this, but I won’t be routing my motor cables that way so opted against. Of course I only later realised that I still need to run the power button / battery display into the middle of the truck base plate.

You’ll need longer bolts to mount the trucks, but that’s hardly an issue.

If you made those risers with wire channels I would buy them👍

Those truck risers look awesome! Is the Trampa outer layer carbon fibre? Be careful!

1 Like

No it looks like it but its more like fibreglass. Its not conductive (i checked a lot before mounting my batteries)

Currently borrowing a small desktop cnc :slight_smile:

While i finish designs for my enclosure i decided to make some random shit. This is first time i have used CAM before so im learning a lot about milling techniques and just trying to get a feel for what the machine is capable of. Im hoping to try and cut some aluminium eventually but in the mean time im using scraps of acrylic.

Dual Focbox Heatsync @Kug3lis style ?

After cutting this i realised that i should always check the cutting bits are in the correct box (this cutter was larger than i thought so all my dimensions are slightly wrong).

The CAD is based off the original heat sync and i just duplicated it. After cutting i realised that @Kug3lis design (http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/dual-focbox-fully-enclosed-cnc-machined-case/42321/89) is very clever and has a few small changes that would make it far easier/quicker to machine. i guess i have changes to make before trying again :grinning:

5 Likes

can you mill aluminum?

oh wait, just read it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hit me up if you want a quick project :love_you_gesture:

Well i think aluminium is on the edge of my machines capabilities but if im feeling brave i may give it a go. I dont want to push things to hard cause its not mine and i dont want to break it :worried: Also i only have it for a limited time and i already have a butload of things i want to make.

That said, if it goes well and proves to be useful i may buy one the same or similar. If this happens i will let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

May you share the name of the CNC? :grinning:

1 Like

Extraordinarily helpful, thank you!

Its a “3020T”, don’t know the company but its some cheep chinese machine. They can be acquired for around £300.

9 Likes

That stepper looks so freakin big wtf, haha