Barajabali's EMTB build thread

I really wish I could get it near the charger port… I don’t want to run wires all the way out I want to keep it close you know

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-11-in-Polycarbonate-Storage-Bin-83002N14/205171800

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-7-in-Polycarbonate-Waterproof-Storage-Bin-83001N14/205171797

Completely understand, wires take up a lot if space… not sure how safe it practical it is but, you could maybe color the xt90 black with a sharpie so you don’t see it… not sure if it’s safe tho

Its safe but I dont want to do this twice you feel me. Im just gonna find an elegant place to put it :slight_smile: thanks for the ideas though i might use one

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the finished product! Keep truckin!

1 Like

If I was you just get a way to get rid of the wires and direct weld all wires, and have no connectors at all, the xt90 just put to a side with the positive.

P.S. Do not touch the charging cable that’s beautiful.

Thank you!

And you think i should put the xt90s on the side of the box?

I may just direct solder the ESC’s but if one burns out or something I would like easy access to replace them (though they are the most reliable ESC’s ive owned)

The xt-90 on the side will be perfect, if you can fitted.

As for the ESC if you can install a couple of fans on top of the heat sink then this SOB will be invincible. I have push mine as hard as I can going uphill (+ 30deg +208lb ) on grass and the fans have save the ESC multiple times, by allowing the heat cutoff feature to engage, before the fan, I just burned a couple of this baby’s.

I think you can fit a 10mm thick fan in there. if not you may have to cut the top of the box to fit the fans. I understand you may want to have a water proof box for them, but they are water resistant. Just make a couple of drainage holes on the box.

hi barajabali iv been keeping a close eye on your build and just wondered if you had any more done yet. thanks

I have actually finished 90% of the build and it is now rideable ive just been so busy with classes and work that i havent had time to update! but tonight i will :slight_smile:

Hi, When you get a chance,would you mind checking how thick Trampa deck is?

Thanks.

nice thanks mate ill look forward to it

Any updates? Anxiously awaiting :grin:

Yes yes I will lol my bad everyone I’ve been so busy with other builds that once I got this board running I stopped working on it

Haha no worries, I was pricing an eMTB build, about how much would you say your custom battery cost you. Say if I were to buy the exact same case with battery in it with BMS charge port and display? (From you of course)

This is a big battery 10s8p with a 150 amp bms and charger.

Box is around 35ish I believe Cells add up to about 400 Bms +charger 165 ish Displays+high voltage on off switch 50 Plus all of the other things heat shrink nickel strip etc.

Just in parts alone it’s about $700. Lol I can build you one if you want :slight_smile: I have an extra box laying around. There are ways to make this much cheaper

• has heart attack and dies :dizzy_face:

Haha I would be good with a loop key and 2a charger, but if I’m gonna spend this kind of money I might as well go all the way.

And on top if it u need to get paid😄

Thanks for the low down… ima sleep on it

1 Like

haha yea thats exactly what i said! i wanted to go all out so i wouldnt have any regrets if i went cheaper.

yea we can save you a good amount if we make some changes :slight_smile: let me know

10 Likes

Okay, so I got the r-spec 190kv 6374’s in. and I installed them they were perfect and pack a nasty punch.

Finished up most of the wiring enough to get a test ride in (which is why its all messy, i know i need to clean it up) :frowning:

I installed the fans because when i’m riding, after 15 minutes or so the heat sinks get too hot to touch. especially when im riding off road. The fans will solve that. 12v 40 mm fans

I got another bike light that i always use and i need to wire that in

im powering the fans and the light from a 2 in 1 ubec, with 12v and 5 v output.

I had to flip the truck to get it ready for a goofy stance ( that was a whole thread in itself!) I also just did some general tidy-ing up. but its no where near done.

I still need to wire the fans, and the anti spark- on off switch instead of the xt90s i have on it now. i need to solder the esc’s on directly instead of a bullet connection. The main issue im having now is i’m all out of room in the boxes to out shit! I have 2 Ubecs, 2 esc’s, a receiver, a high voltage on/off switch, plus all the wires and the battery and bms in the boxes, its hard to fit it all. need to wire displays in too.

Other than the days worth of work that still remain! this thing rides A-Freaking-MAzyingly. It is unlike anything ive rode before and is worth the 3 grand ive spend on it. I feel like i can ride through the amazon rain forest and still have enough juice to get home. it’s got so much torque because of the motors and the 8P in the battery. It rides so smooth, still scary at high speeds.

battery doesnt get hot at all but the ESC’s do when i ride off road for a while. @Nowind kit is amazing, it rides quiet and i havent had any issues at all with it.

@JLabs @walshy

3 Likes