Barajabali's EMTB build thread

looking at the pcb for that bms, unless im mistaken, it can do up to 24s… holy shit

This thing says 16 not sure if it goes more than that

1 Like

Love this I think I’ll go this way for my next modification, let me know how the fitting goes with the box.

That looks really nice! good job. I can’t wait to see your board in action.

Is it a batterysupports BMS or is it an adjustable one?

Thank you! Hopefully with in a month!

It is curiosity of batterysupports

Cool. Special order or is there a link to this “adjustable BMS?”

the holes continue on to the right of that

Oh no it’s not adjustable as far as I know i just ordered a 10s bms and this is what I got lol http://www.batterysupports.com/36v-37v-42v-10s-150a-10x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-391.html

i think it could be adjustable, but see all the circuitry below the wiring for the battery hookup? you would have to repeat that strip for every additional cell you would want to add on. and even then there is no guarantee that it wouldn’t fry your battery, esc, bms itself, motor, etc.

1 Like

Hey man! I received my custom 8s5p pack the other day and it looks amazing! Really well made. Thank you!

4 Likes

My pleasure!

Sounds like you are doing a great job making these packs @barajabali . Keep it up!

You know it man :slight_smile:

Are you spot welding? if so what are you using?

Yes I am spot welding. It’s a machine from China tbh. Not sure if it even has a maker or brand but it makes good solid connections I’ve tested them

So what do you guys think … The bms just barely fits in the box but that’s before I wire it up and put heat shrink. And that’s with my forcing the box closed…

I’m thinking about how I can make this work because I think it would be be so sick to have them fit together in one box… I have an extra type 500 box that I can put it in along with the electronics but it’s kind of ugly to have two of them and they don’t really fit on the board together

I was thinking about water proofing the ESC’s and just keeping them exposed… Or should I find an enclosure for them?

Either way not sure what I can do with the bms… I can get creative. I was thinking about cutting a hole in the top of the box and use the metal “heat sink” (I know it’s not a heat sink) as a guard

I hate the battery supports bms it’s too damn big I can’t fit it anywhere

How much is a smaller BMS? Is there an option to get a smaller BMS? That one looks huge compared to the ones I have seen Longhairedboy use. Please make this work I want to get one from you for my board :relaxed: The only thing I can think to do with what you have there is somehow heat the bottom and stretch the plastic a bit if you only need a little space. Good luck keep us posted.