Anti-theft options for esk8

I watched that trackR vid also but was concerned that they only ping when in range of another trackR user. So for me in the UK where there are hardly any (I dont think) it’s not much use as the probability of someone “A” stealing it & “B” passing another trackR user is minuscule. I like the alarm for the reason you state, just need to find a decent live app enabled GPS tracker (that will fit in the Raptor).

inquisitive kids be dammed lol

Yeah would be funny to see like those shock pens.

https://youtu.be/9Ml4hRFJ9Ow

1 Like

or is it magic gps from another dimesnion?

yeeh exactly like this pen, maybe a bit stronger :wink:

I’d go for a tile as the best option small light and you just use your phone

here in the usa we just shoot them right on the spot. give a round of applause for our second ammendment of the constitution! :smile:

1 Like

you forgot the part where we go to the bar for drinks afterwards and celebrate over a beer and football game :joy:

I have never broke a skateboard every one I have ever owned has been stolen and they where just cheap boards . Now add another $1000 of electronics you guys better keep a eye on it

This web page was blocked by my computer for possible virus.

1 Like

I hope they can outrun .45 inch, 230 grains of lead and copper traveling at 850 fps!

1 Like

Can some more people flag this post so we dont all get viruses ? not sure if it was intentional but its not ideal. Edit: its gone algood

2 Likes

I’m reviving this thread because not too long ago i had a package lost by a carrier and in a lot of situations there’s nothing they can do. Theft happens too, and sometimes, theft can even happen from a carrier.

so found this:

the footprint is right for the inside of my box as is, but it could easily be dissassembled, wired into a larger pack, and more tightly integrated.

My plan is to integrate this into my builds. Not the packaging, but the board itself using a seperate power source, maybe a larger prismatic than what it comes with or possibly just a pair of 30Qs, and only pay for a month of tracking service. That will more than cover the trip from me to the customer, and give time for continued service for recovery if it tries to wander off into Lostville or Stolentown.

Now i just ned to order a bat and put some nails in it for use during the recovery process.

6 Likes

@Longhairedboy Ohh…

I asked from Telia, a quite leading Nordic-Baltic telecom provider about a 2G/3G card with 100Mb data plan and they replied it’s about 2€ a month. The problem with Aliexpress trackers is that they don’t have reliable service, so best would to just buy old phone and use it’s “~find me” function, I think…

E: Actually I had link saved they do have M2M and IOT packets for things like automation processes and security things on it’s own with lot’s of specific features, you should have something like this too