ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

@caustin One wheel at a time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Believe me, solving this 107mm wheel pulley for my 4wd build is salvation for me. Really appreciated, and have drinks waiting for you if you ever make NYC.

1 Like

Has anyone who had printed the 40T and under versions experienced this same gap btw?

I had 44T, 48T and 50T printed off 3Dhub cheaply in Brooklyn. Waiting for delivery and can report back o those at least.

1 Like

A few weeks ago I printed the 40t version. The Enertion pulley fit very close, the 3d-pully had a gap and I removed some urethan from the wheel to make it fit closer. The MBS-wheel shape is a bit different than the abecs and enertion clone wheels. The Gap is not a big problem but It’s not optimal. Maybe I can take a picture and messure the MBS-Wheel in the evening today.

Left Enertion fit, right the 3d with gap.

btw. the Enertion and Evolve pulleys are perfect in design, spacer in the pulley is always better and you don’t need a retainer and screws at all. Bad, that they have only 32-38t. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0232/5683/products/IMG_4700_b37a4bc9-2fa5-45d6-87f6-8392f362d2cc.JPG?v=1466887636

Heard back fron 3Dhub, supposed to get delivery tomorrow of 44T, 48T & 50T wheel pulleys. Can report back then. Maybe one of them can also fit 107mm with a spacer of some kind

How cheaply?

They were about $8-$10 each

Would you say, with shipping, they are much cheaper than Shapeways? You also ordered from Shapeways right?

Yes, much cheaper

I paid about 15 Eur for a 50t pulley (on 3DHubs), they should arrive today or tomorror

Printed the 40t and don’t recall having a gap. I’ll check tonight when I get home. BTW, printed in PTEG I used 235c for the nozzle and 75c for the print bed. Used the normal ABS slurry for adhesion. Using a FlashForge Creator.

So I got my hands on a pair of clones for another project and I printed pulleys to see how then fit with these clones.

These are the 36T, they fit basically perfect. They were a little tight to push in but it really helped center the pulley. The 34-38 shold fit like this one does.

This is the 44T. you can see theres a gap. I measured it to be just shy of 2mm. I was looking into why and Think I know. The 36T sits recessed in the wheel, so I added 1.5mm to the cone that extends out connecting the pulley and the mating portions. Because it’s a cone though, the diameter exceeded that of the wheel’s outer wall and so I think that the rim thats been extended is hitting the eurothane prematurely. This is a simple fix and I will do so today and reptrint to confirm. This extra gap can be expected on the 42-50 at the moment, will up date once its been changed and files updated.

The cone I’m talking about. The smaller 36T cone diameter measures 60.5mm but the 44T cone measures 63.2mm.

1 Like

Up further reflection, I realized I missed the 46T pulley and now that bugs me. Will be making that one available ad well when I go back in to fix the 42 and above.

Well, my experiment with printing 48T and 50T did not go great, though this is all new territory for me! I will post some pictures, but hard for me to make accurate measurements. I also printed the “thick” and “thin” retainers separately to see how they sat in 107mm Abecs as well as 100mm MBS and 97mm Abecs+clones. Fitting the retainers worked out pretty well, and sit pretty nicely flush for all wheels other than 107mm. That said, longer prongs like the evolve and enertion wheel pulleys will help in all versions and could potentially allow use without retainer and screws if fill out screw half of prong. Anyway, turning back to the 107mm, because of the depth of centerset and angled cone, the retainer prongs only barely reach the wheel spoke holes. How can we get measurements to you that will allow some combination of longer prongs and deeper coned spacer to place the pulley teeth flush with the wheel exterior? Seems like we are getting close but need a few more precise measurements or send you a 107mm wheel to model? Thanks for any help on this!

1 Like

Did you also get the pulleys printed or just the retainers? Could I see a picture of how the pulley fits in the 107 wheel ifor it fits at all.

I did get the pulleys printed as well, but the prongs do not reach the centerset hub. As well, the pulley sits slightly proud outside of the wheel due due to slightly more angled pulley than wheel interior cone angle (if that makes any sense lol). Take a look at these pictures, for comparison there is your pulley on the left and then a blue enertion pulley (sits low in wheel) and white pulley I tried awhile back that also has issues. Does this help any?

Pictures of interior prongs not reaching hub spokes.

You could also use https://www.3dhubs.com/ and get them printed locally(ish). The quality won’t be as high as shapeways but you could get 2 or 3 for that same price.

Hmm. Great pictures. Good to know enertions fits inside the cone of the wheel. Does enertions prongs engage with the core or no as well? Sorry about all the questions but this would be 10 times easier with a wheel in hand. Or actually, can anyone model their 107 wheel and just send me the source files?