ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

If anyone is in NYC, I can hand them a 107mm wheel to model, or is there a service that does that kind of stuff (really I have no idea with this lol).

Yes, below are pictures of the enertion pulley which does engage the wheel core a little, so if longer prongs and spacer/more angled retainer it would be flush and probably work fine. See picture of it pushed fully into core, then just sitting on core with prongs not engaged so you can see how much prong engages when pushed in.

1 Like

These pics are super helpful. I’m torn though. I want to modify the file to try it now knowing how the enertion pulley i don’t want to put something out I’m not certain a fair amount will work is there someone who has 107s and has their own 3D printer? Is there a way I can borrow a wheel to model it, print a test fit, fix it, reprint to confirm and send it back? Anyone local to Ontario Cananda? Or close by.

@caustin @JuniorPotato93 I think @michaeld33 has a 3D printer and is in NYC maybe @caustin can give @michaeld33 the wheel and @JuniorPotato93 potato can send him the modified files. I’m sure he would be will to help us.

Any of those solutions could make sense for me. Honestly though, the 3dhubs 3D prints are only $6-8 per pulley plus delivery from Brooklyn if I don’t do pickup. So cost for a failed pulley is not a huge hurdle if it takes a few swings to get it right no prob! Or happy to give a wheel to someone that can model the 107mm, I am not sure what that entails.

I know @michaeld33 has dabbled in the solidworks. If @caustin can get him access to the wheel, I’m positive he’d be able to model a 3D version of it since all we need is the dimensions of the eurothane and the depth leading up to the core from the backside which was provided in another thread on here. If we get that then changing my files for the 107 won’t take me more than a day to do all 34-50 pulleys.

I actually just had an idea but I’m not sure if it may work. @caustin can you DM me a picture of the wheel with a ruler placed across the center of the back. So that the edge of the ruler would split the wheel in two halfs? That and if you have two pieces of tape, place one on the inside face of the the back of the wheel on edge so it stands like a miniature wall of China then go ahead and place a second piece of tape or paper on the back of the wheel so it too stand like a miniature wall, this one we can call Berlin, and then stick the two together. If you send me a picture of the angle the two make I can just import that picture into solidworks and use that as a reference for creating the cone for the back in the mean time. Those two things and I should be good.

Was about to do the tape exercise, and pulled out some rigid foam tape, does this picture work as well and give the angle you need?

1 Like

That is perfect.

guys, the calipers i ordered from amazon are taking a looooooong time to make their way from the far east… sorry.

Don’t worry about it. Look we got to make progress on the 107 wheel pulleya AND I got to use two historical/geographic references. What more could a guy ask for?

I think I ordered that same set of digital calipers from Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LUDV9ZG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Other measurement pictures if it helps.

1 Like

Alright!!! So the wheel now exists!!! :smiley: WEll, sorta kinda. It’s on my computer which is good enough for our purposes. Referencing pictures @caustin provided and @sl33py’s 27mm measurement from bearing to wheel brim, as well as the manufacture’s page and overall dimensions I think we got it.

I’ll make one pulley first and send @caustin the STL and once we confirm it fits well then I’ll go ahead on make the 107 series and publish them to thingiverse.

What pulley and belt width do you want to use for the test @caustin?

7 Likes

Woo hoo!! This is awesome. I will eventually have to go with 9mm or 12mm belt width to save hangar space on an already wide wheel. Similarly eventually will go with larger tooth pulley to match wheel diameter, so in the 44 -48 -50 range. But for testing to determine fit, just pick what works best to assess fit.

Okay lets go 44T since it’s a common size people seem to want. For belt width. You planning on running what? May as well make it fit your design since you’re the one who’s gonna test the fit.

Great, I will be running 44T 9mm HTD5mm

1 Like

I would love it if you could make one 40t or 38t and 15mm belt please :slight_smile:

That will be a popular pulley as well. What trucks and mounts you using that leaves enough hanger for 15mm wide belt & pulley with 197mm wheels?

I’d love to test fit on my 107’s if someone can print. Happy to pay shipping and material cost.

I also would like 12 or 15mm width and 44t.

I’m not sure on fitment yet, but would try both the v3 and v4 DIYes mounts or Enertions!

Dont worry, that will come in due time. Once @caustin and I confirm that these fit the way they are meant, I will be making these in 36,38,40,42,44,46,48,and 50 for 9mm, 12mm and 15mm belts. So you’ll have 24 pulleys to choose from.

lol playing it safe with 44T 9mm to check fit, most likely to have fewer space issues with Enertion mounts and Caliber IIs I have ready!