83MM Hub Motor Launch SALE! Free shipping

My goals to make something that won’t fall apart formost and then if that works maybe make some money and not burn anyone who helped me get there

I don’t know what guido is unhappy about but I’d like to know. There are few people that ride these motors I had made and I’d like all the feedback possible and have been waiting to hear.

Anyone who bought them and isn’t satisfied can get both parts made in steel with pressed bearings and magnets with a 300f Max temp. (Windings do 150c) as apposed to aluminum centered motors that therefore need slide fitted bearings. 225 in steel 200 in aluminum.

!!! The ONLY reason I’m not happy with the motors I sold so far is the rubber I fucked up and need to send everyone the slow cure stuff, which is good, and will do for free minus shipping and the motors are made with aluminum

If you want more power to go up long steep things and you’re heavy there are better options such as a belt. In my mind this is a motor without any possible mechanical weaknesses. I can’t endorse Jacobs motors, even though they are bigger and will have more power because they’re aluminum as well with slide fittings. Aluminum is soft and can’t be pressed and will always rattle and eventfully deform. I’m not here to sell you my way and can endorse a lot of other products if you want to put together a board

But until you’ve tried the motors I had made on 12s with FOC you haven’t really ridden them as they should be ridden. Really only in the steel can I endorse my own motors

Also these motors I’m selling…some have a tiny shim to make the bearings equally axaily loaded and some don’t. That’s a variable and I could’ve maybe sent them with one bearing taking too much load or compression, especially with the aluminum and its expansion with heat. I don’t know what Guido could be disappointed in and am guessing.

Steel.

I’d like to know guido! I’m interested in hearing bad things about my motors from anyone. This is a community for us to learn about stuff and I’m especially interested.

2 Likes

Lol not you too

Please see or scroll up :point_up_2:t2:

i don’t understand! my motors would never go over 80c and thats spot heat. with a temp sensor inside of the winding i have only gotten the winding to 65c or 149f in the 2 locations i have fitted the sensors on my test motors and thats when pulling 30A phase current for over 2 mins (my motors never pull this much for that long even when climbing hills) i also still use SH magnets to allow for high heat. but i think maybe my motor doesn’t have a great problem with expansion because they don’t get hot. the alloy shaft acts as a heat sink and sucks the heat out of the iron core it also transfers the heat well to the truck hanger allowing the shaft its self to sit at about 48c when the winding is at 65c.

expansion at 50c isn’t that great with alloy.

talk to the guy who made the hubzilla v3 or they guy who does the hub monster. they all want efficiency and they gain this by reducing heat.

the first 5 lines of the hubzilla v3 sales page talks about reducing heat then gain efficiency. http://www.greyborgusa.com/hubzilla-v3-tech-specs/

just start looking at why they are getting so hot, you said it was the blue stuff but then you said the blue and not blue is about the same. u tested a few different winding and that was great to help find the best combo but what are your motors drawing current wise?

iv never ridden your motors i haven’t tested them so I’m not saying there bad! but i am saying heat is bad! Heat is the worlds inefficiency. if heat wasn’t a thing of concern then we would have an endless energy supply because heat means losses so the loss of energy.

so lets say current is the problem. I’m not gonna compare our motors but lets say you have a ebike hub motor At 900rpm it would require phase current of 405A, half from each controller, but the copper losses in the motor would be almost 2700W, and with the 115W of iron core losses above efficiency would be over 87%. That seems pretty good, but if we double the voltage and gear it down by half, then we’re turning 1800rpm and only need half the current. While iron core losses go up by 205W, the copper losses go all the way down to 681W for efficiency of 95%. :shock: That’s a reduction in heat generated in the motor of about 2000W, and heat is our overriding limitation. Copper losses go up by the square of current is what causes this. we can scaled this down but the effect is seen a lot bigger in the bike motor.

so we know that the rpm and voltage is about the same on our motors but if it is current causing heat then you just need to find why it is high, if its not current then it is some thing els but the copper losses and iron losses are still there and can’t be ignored even if your magnets can handle it and your coper has heat protection if any thing that heat protection will increase heat because it is an insulator.

just think if you have a 250f motor then those losses are multiplying and you will end up with this motor that only is 50% efficient so you have a motor with lets say 750w wasted in heat.

1 Like

Updated ETA? @jacobbloy

Update ETA ? @jacobbloy