83MM Hub Motor Launch SALE! Free shipping

The company is lebeda one of the biggest manufacturer and first to produce urethan wheels for skates ect, they produce so many popular companies wheels orangatang, inboard, hamboards who is owned by the same guy as ABEC 11 so I wouldn’t be suppreised if they also produce or have in the past produced ABEC 11 wheels. I will be trying to keep my theme of orange and black and add black on black but the wheel might have to be 90mm for some this will be great for others will reduce torque but we are looking into a 90mm mould and then stone grind down to 83mm But it’s all about cost.

The only restraint and reson why these awesome new wheels arnt going to make it to this order is because of the 90day mould production time but I will have more information hopfully in the next couple of days.

1 Like

@jacobbloy I couldn’t tell from your photos and it doesn’t seem to say anywhere on the website, but what size connectors are you using, I’m asking so that i can make sure to buy the right ones so that I’m ready for my motors once they arrive… can’t wait BTW !!! :smiley:

Is there anyway to get the company to ship them to individual customers in the US rather than shipping them to Australia? It is going to be a lot cheaper for people like me because I won’t have to pay $35 in shipping every time I need a replacement wheels.

I was thinking if making an adapter that is permanently fixed to the hanger axle is a viable option either glued on and or welded. I’m not sure how to upload image on mobile but I had the idea that it threads onto the axle and it will have a hex pattern to keep motor/stator from moving forward or backwards and secured on with a locknut on the adapter. With the main benefit being easy removal and maintenance and also being able to choose wire direction.

Will the 90mm thane be available to purchase separately to swap to these hubs, when production is all finished? That would be awesome.

A quick sketch of the adapter I was thinking

2 Likes

OH awesome! lebeda! I love my dregs wheels! these will be quality for sure.

@Titoxd10001 even if you did design it this way, you still need to have the adaptor attach to the hanger. its square one all over.

Wouldn’t that also make the whole hanger/hub assembly ridiculously wide? Unless you cut a bunch more hangar material of the axle? Or would it not be enough to be a big deal? I like the concept though.

really the only way forward is a custom truck design with keyway.

having said that… I just filed a small flat spot in my axle for the grub screw and its still going fine. (the one that I didn’t crossthread)

You could file the hex on the end of the aluminum truck. Like on this poor drawing :smile:

Jacob could add that to his design.

The idea above has the same issue we have now, with a different part. Just to give my two cents

2 Likes

Well like it or not, the most workable design for hub motor is one piece with the hanger that includes the axles. It add more cost but less problem in construction. No need to deal with thread lock torque issue and wheels - hub motor - hanger miss alignment. Hanger performance is not super significant in longboard overall performance, especially for eboard.

1 Like

Pretty darn good drawing :+1:t2:

1 Like

Well with Jacobs design we need to get trucks that are 30mm shorter to make the motors match the front wheels. So a 180mm truck and a 150mm truck. With an adapter it could go the the same way, but with a adapter with different hole depth there could be the option to cut the hanger like long haired boy does. I disagree that hanger performance isn’t significant after I tried Ronin cast trucks. My caliber trucks feel dead in comparison because they have no lean and Ronin’s are even more stable but can still do 7 ft circle with a 30inch wheelbase. The main thing that that draws me to hub motors is that I can potentially have a drop through longboard and not have 1/2 inch in risers. Plus Jacobs original intention was to be able to use any trucks.

Everything looks great! Why dont you permanently sell them at a price near this! You are obviously making money or you wouldnt sell them at this price! Even if u were to sell them $75 more than you are now there would still be a huge demand… Your are competing with carvon at this price… Supply and demand, if the price is higher demand drops… These need to be relatively the same price as buying 2 motors, 4 pulleys, and 2 mounts for them to be competitive… All of this is my opinion… It looks like you have a great product here!

not really carvon is 700 before shipping and jacob’s are 500 before shipping, say 50 for carvon and 75 for jacob

its easy to see where the deal is but, we still have to see how the masses react to find out which one is better.

Don’t forget Jacob’s motors come with trucks and matching front wheels when you’re comparing vs. satellite setups.

@Tarzan My original mounting method works well if you can maintain the tension on the axel iv gone from a true 6065 alloy to a true7075 (not china fake crap) for the shaft and nut as this will also strengthen the threads, (stainless steel doubled the price for these parts).

the new alignment pins will mean a lot better hold to the truck, we have 2 alignment pins to stop rotation (this can easily be added to any truck and i plan to ship them with a drill template) a set screw to hold a little tension on the axel to reduce vibration and a but that has a thread the whole length and applies a vice like effect onto the motor shaft to stop side ways movement.

@JLabs The price as it is currently is really good at $399 it means i make enough to add a finished touch to the whole thing it will add quality and means i can continue selling them. At $249 the demand is huge but i don’t wish to undercut and control the market as its not worth it i want customers that love my design and my motors and will share there love with others, they will be willing to pay the higher price because they know that the extra touches iv added make it worth it. I have been working on my hub motor design for 2 years and have improved torque and fixed so many mistakes, i worked with Ryan and theo at inboard on there motor design during and after there kickstarter and gained and shared a lot of great and helpful theories of making these motors.

@Titoxd10001i agree that the hanger is important but not as important as the base plate when it comes to lean and stability. i personally only ride precision trucks on my boards and when you do you will feel the difference. I am a distributor for REY Trucks and plan to use there Trucks for a precision for a premium kit and the shaft will be imbedded into the motor and have there locking thread mech built in.

2 Likes

@jacobbloy are we going to use red or blue loctite to secure these parts? I’m one of the people to purchase these motors during the sale and there are bad sidewalks and roads in my area I just hope the motors can withstand and also those little pins can hold

I’ve never ridden precision trucks but Ronin trucks are something special they have a 42 base plate but have a ton of more lean than my 50 cals because they have a support pin

1 Like

Yes I ride 45deg trucks but have risen 40’s and 50’s really if you get a good hanger with a tight bushing seat then you can have soft bushings and still get that lean you want on a 50deg truck but they will be stable at speed, I’ll be using red mate

What do ppl think of the maybe high quality wheels being made in California

2 Likes