8 pin in a 6s Bms

No, I just gave up on it and will buy an Imax b6, so everything solved

I wired like the adapter that came with the Bms, but It do not worked pretty well

I have now finished my wiring diagram draft for this mysterious BMS. I would really appreciate if you guys could check it out and say if I have done something wrong. The only thing that can seem weird is that the BMS has 8 pins and the second pin on the balance cable that came with the BMS does not have a cable attached. You will see this illustrated by there being nothing connected to it :stuck_out_tongue: .

What I did, I soldered a normal 6s balance cable to that adapter, but don’t know if it is correct

I wish I could help but this bms is not making any sense. And with not documentation or markings on the pcb, it’s hard to figure out

That is too bad :\ There are some markings on the pcb. The far right pin of the balance cable is marked as B- after that the next pin is marked B1 then B2 all the way up to B16. Though only B- to B7 or B8 are soldered to the connector.

You can see that there is a pair of 3 101Resistors, so 6 cells, but I do not know why there is a blank space between them, this Bms os from 6s to 16s, so it’s not a specific Bms for 6s batteries, I is freaking generic, I do not burned my house because I used xt60 to connect the Battery to the Bms and xt60’s from the Bms to the Power Switch, if I did soldered my battery would enter in short and catch on fire, I really recomend to send it back to Bruno (I didn’t do it because sending things to Outside of Brazil is fucking expensive) request your money back and buy some in Bestech or buy a battery pack. I swear that I hurt my hand because I was pretty angry with it and hit my dor

in this picture it looks like the B- on the balance block is not used. and the first pin in the connector is B1 It’s hard to tell for sure without holding the module in my hand and looking at it from just the right angle. It does look like the block is not in line with the B-

You might be right. I have sent my wiring diagram to APS and asked them to verify if my logic is correct. As I have never wired two lipos in series before I would like to get some feedback on if the balance wires are correct as well as the series connection itself. What do you think?

I don’t know, I have a 6s lipo in Flat mode, so 7 pins

The balance wiring and series wiring looks ok, its the connection to the bms balance port that is in question.

Okay at least that is some good news! So IsTalo and I got the exact same balance cable with the BMS where the second pin to the left has no cable attached. Given that we got the same cable with the same number of wires connected to the same pins I assume that it is suppose to be like that… below you will find the exact email that Bruno sent me when I asked about the missing second wire and the 8pin connector.

Bruno’s response:

Hi, The PCB are normally used for different batteries configurations. from 2s to 24s so at the moment we order them, they are based on what we require. Te gap is probably due to the PCB, that is designed to get an 7s battery, so you have 7 positive balance lead and 1 negative on the last pin. because the bms is a 6s model, the manufacture have to disable one cell so they take off the last positive.

Man, I’m not home, but I answer u about my adapter of how I wired it

I’m sorry man! I will start another thread so you don’t get bombarded with notifications about this :slight_smile: Thank you for your help!

But the last pin or last cell in order is always on the opposite end of the grounding pin Not right next to it. Even the numbers on the PCB behind the socket show that B1 is right next to B- So what Bruno is saying does not make any sense

maybe they just disabled B1 so that B2 is effectively B1. Would that be possible? Bruno just responded to my email regarding who makes the BMS and if my wiring diagram is correct.

HI, the diagram is correct. You can connect all and then check the balance lead with a tester to be sure. But there are no problem. The items are all tested before been sent to avoid issues.

Not sure why the client did have this issue. Probably he did some mistake on the connection. You can easly check the pin that is no working. there is no transistor on the trace.

The BMS are made by smartech

What does he mean by “and then check the balance lead with a tester to be sure” ?

U do not need to do it, I want to know if it is going to work

I think is to check if the Bms is balancing the cells

Do you know what he means by tester? I have one of these https://www.google.se/search?q=lipo+balance+tester+with+alarm&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFjorv3cPVAhURJ1AKHS7iD7wQ_AUICSgB&biw=376&bih=712&dpr=2#imgrc=qQ48to0_x73eOM: would that be sufficient?

I think so, It shows all cells voltage