8 pin in a 6s Bms

Yeah, I’d say it’s fried. Having never really seen that BMS, my guess is that’s a communication or ground wire between the upper and lower boards, and it’s been completely fried. I suspect your batteries shorted something inside the BMS. Frankly, you’re probably lucky that friend and that your batteries didn’t explode!

My battery did not explode because I used connectors and not solded my battery on the bms, but I will talk with Bruno to send it back and have my money back

I have the same BMS I think! I talked to Bruno and he said that since the 7s and 6s BMS that they sell are built using the same board they basically only disable the last battery cell or something (hence the missing cable). Even with this explanation I am no closer to figuring out how to not blow this up… I asked him for a diagram showing how to wire up but says that instructions were included in the box… I did not see any instructions so I need help setting this up. Have anybody of you guys had experience with this BMS http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/batteries/6s-batteries/battery-bms-with-switch-for-6s-lipo-battery/ before? Can someone make a diagram of how I should wire it up?

Can you post pics of the bms you got so I can verify the brand

I Gave up on it, I think is a bit disrespectful to send a 7s bms when you request the 6s

Here Is an image of it! Hope you can figure it out! I am a new user so I can only post one photo per reply… can post more angles if needed later!

You might be able to PM me more images I need to see the bottom and edge with balance connector

The Black pads are just Velcro. I can remove them if you need to see under them!

What is the exact model number? Cant get it from the picks

1 Like

PCM-L16S50-985 is what it says on the board but on the website it says HCX-D223… The last model number mentioned I believe is for http://bestechpower.com/222v6spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D223V1.html . For the model number on the actual bms I have only found it here http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Shenzhen-SmarTEC/6008834599030/pdtl/Li-ion-batteries-BMS/1125748517.htm Hope this helps…

I have sent the DataSheet, but I think Alien is wrong until today, because selling the wrong bms is just not polite

Yeah I agree! If they have given me the wrong bms I will be very disappointed… I will still test it out but I am going to need an expert opinion on the wiring diagram :stuck_out_tongue: I am done with it in 45 min :slight_smile: The way I see it the following should work if I just want to see if doesnt blow up my battery:

1. B- to B- on bms
  2. CH- to charger plug (negative pole)
  3. B+ connected to charger plug (positive pole)
  4. Treat the 7 wires going into the balance connector as follows: 4a. left most wire B- 4b. first wire on the right side (next to the cut wire) gets B1 4c. then B2 4d. then B3 4e. then B4 4f. then B5 4g. then B6

Btw where did you get that pdf that you linked from?

He sent me on Gmail, I was really upset with him, because I wired it and it do not worked, but every was solved

Did he respond? btw do you have a picture of how you wired your balance leads? (big noob at this still)

And what do you mean by “but every was solved”? did you mean that everything was soldered?

The BMS that APS is selling is not a Bestech. They need to update their website.

No, I just gave up on it and will buy an Imax b6, so everything solved

I wired like the adapter that came with the Bms, but It do not worked pretty well