43 dollar speed conotroller and remote? I'll let you know how it works out. QUICK REVIEW NOW POSTED

10s 10x 3.6 volt lipos, 36 volt battery

any links to buy one?

1 Like

How do you program it?Is it like a esc or like a vesc? Or is it plug and play?

You try it out yet? I’m itching for the results :disappointed_relieved:

Ha! Nope, not yet

hows it working?!

Just got mine in the mail, will let you know!

Any updates on this?

1 Like

I have mine for around 3 weeks now and i must say that it is working perfectly. The braking is perfect, same for acceleration.

Only problem i have is that when I put it on the 10s battery setting, there is to much torque at initial throttle to depart safely with my 27inch board but I tried with a big longboard and it works fine.

Honestly I also have 2 vescs laying around and I stil go for this one, only if it was for the ease of the switch.

Have had no issues with the controller up till now.

let me know if you have some questions.

7 Likes

Does it work sensorless ?

1 Like

You run in FOC or BLDC?

Hey guys, I’m thinking about picking one of these up for a 10S build using a turnigy 6374 192kv motor. Should work fine right?

Should be good

yes it does!

I do apologize. It has been quite hectic lately so I have not gotten around to updated this thread…

Regardless, I recieved my board and put it to the test. Here are some videos and photos:

The built in on/off switch works perfectly! The startup sound sounds good for added badass :wink:

A variation of the winning remote, but it works great. Comes already pre-paired so there is no fuss. Just turn it on! This is how it arrived (without the package in this pic). It has a Xt60 connect soldered to the board so I changed it out to an xt90 to fit my board. Some more closeups of remote. It is rechargeable and works great…Have not had to recharge it in 4 rides. Time to laugh at my hasty and terrible solder job :wink: Close up of board The cool things about these banana plugs, they can expand and can fit somewhere between 3-5mm plugs!

Now some videos of it in work. The first is a no load test, the next is riding (the bare feet are pretty nasty now that I look back on it…I’m sorry I was too excited) THESE ARE GOOGLE DRIVE LINKS: Click on it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9J1ZMSZQfrRMXVXdVFUR1d2SGs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9J1ZMSZQfrRRkdTa2Q0N2pBd1U

My quick thoughts:

Three small problems

• If you dont understand them, brakes are a bit tough on the low end (The acceleration and brake curves are steep)
  • There is a low voltage cutoff, this I know. Yet, I am not entirely sure what it is set at and there is no way to adjust it. I did not test it out as I was not trying to overdrain my batteries…
  • At 10s, this module heats up considerably. I do know heat is bad, but I have ridden the shit out of my board with the controller and have had no problems yet…AKA I have not been able to break it. However, I am only 160 and a heavier riding could potentially be problematic.

Nevertheless, this speed controller might be perfect for entry level builders with low budgets. It has all the functions of a VESC with less than half the cost. It provides great acceleration with learnable braking. Just be careful to buy a battery that can handle higher amperage draw as this baby sucks pulls easy amps. Sure, no regenerative breaking or custom adjustments, but if youre looking for device that makes your board move forward, this might be it.

I suppose the biggest thing right now to do is figuring out the LVC! Anyone know??

Hope this quick review helps,

Marcus

9 Likes

Hoe about on a 6s lipo 5500mah sk3 280kv ? Im 100kg and 15t to 40t setup ?

FYI I am willing to sell this speed controller to any that may be interested :wink: No needs to it now… pm me

Potentially. But as I said, I do not know the low voltage cutoff on this board…You could potentially overdrain your batteries. It might be worth a few more dollars to get liion with a BMS and have that control your cutoff so you are sure you dont overdrain your batteries…You could really screw yourself over by overdraining.

1 Like

thank you for this review

1 Like

No problem!