43 dollar speed conotroller and remote? I'll let you know how it works out. QUICK REVIEW NOW POSTED

Just bought this puppy the other day. I am running a 10s setup with 190kv…let’s see if it works or explodes :wink: Just seller said it would be compatible. :smile: I slightly pessimistic but who knows! It could be a wonderfully cheap solution, stay tuned! http://www.ebay.com/itm/single-motor-electric-longboard-skateboard-controller-ESC-Substitute/302332747417?_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D871f37d6a9d6402fb75964bcb2144a99%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D322501068512&_trkparms=pageci%3A129b300b-4c7e-11e7-89d0-74dbd18052d1%7Cparentrq%3A891d0ea215c0aa146b501df5fff70495%7Ciid%3A1

5 Likes

Hope it works man, would be a fantastic deal :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! This one is for science… He said it has a 40amp rating…So I am expecting to be ok on cruise and slow accelarations. However, I do know that my amps will momentarily spike above 40 (roughly 45amps) on fast accelarations. I know this becuase I did a treadmill test with the VESC plugged into my laptop x)

1 Like

There are a few other threads on this but no one has actually tried it as far a I know… good luck!

I’ve got a 10s dual, but It’s sitting in a box. Haven’t decided if I’m going to use it anywhere yet or not.

Did the seller say if the ESC would limit the amount of amps pulled by the motor to 40 amps? Or will the ESC just give the motor as many amps as it wants until the ESC blows itself up?

I’m may consider using it for a beater board if it turns out not to be complete crap. Keep us updated on how it does.

Wire it up! How long was shipping?

@pennyboard He didnt say which is why I believe that is whats going to happen.

@marcus the shipping was a couple of weeks

@psychotiller NilsS told me he frequently spikes his to 60-90 amps without it blowing up, however it obviously gets quite warm so he uses a large heat sink and it works perfect. He is using a 7s setup…idk

Ok. Well I’m going to make a 10s pack this week. We’ll put it to the test.

1 Like

Looking forward to the outcome, you might try it out before I receive mine so you might be the review :joy:

1 Like

So, I bought one of these and tested it on a 10s setup. Rode it around for about 5 minutes then rode to my mailbox, which is about 100’ from my garage. It got super hot after that short time period. Also, if you’ve ever used the Sleeping Lion 12s ESC, the breaks are very similar. All or nothing unless you really ease into the brakes. Not sure it’s very safe if you’re used to a VESC. I still have yet to try the dual.(which I also purchased)

@NilsS how are your brakes?

@mccloed are you still using it?

Yes they are fine, but not regenerative

I didn’t have anymore time to test it. I get back into town next Thursday and will be testing more on the weekend. I’ll let you know how it goes!

The Lou Board is using it too.

i built another board for a friend with a 10s Lipo setup, he seems to be perfectly happy with the board.

but he mentioned that one time one motor stopped working after very heavy load. He told me that just manually turning the wheel fixed it. and he hasn’t had a problem since. only 1 cycle on it tough…

there might be some luck with these boards.

the breaks are MUCH better on beginner mode. i am used to the hard breaks, but my friend switches from expert to beginner whenever he brakes.(you can do this pretty easily one handed.)

1 Like

What do you mean with a 10s setup? could you link your used parts please?