37mph fall anyone?

I’ve had those cutouts going up a hill, scary shit!

You should give @ackmaniac lost-signal-mod a try, you need to flow the setting letting the vesc know when it looses signal by unplugging the binding jumper, the board will keep on going to the last ppm position known for 1 second, so you don’t have that behavior when loosing signal.

So I wanted to rule out a fault in the RX because he has four. Also his wires going from front to back are probably different lengths. I’ve ran a four foot wire with a wattmeter from batt to ESC pulling 110a, his are less than half. (Varies by board,esc, wires…). Caps are for combating ripple current. He has four vesc, all with caps to share the load. I’m just not sure that adds up to an instantaneous Brown out across all four rx

I don’t think it matters if he has 1, 2, 3 or 4 ESC/Rx, the same condition that could cause a issue with one could just as easy cause a issue with all…

Um no if one receivers dies which I have had one die on me while cruising others work perfectly fine, I’ll open to dam board tommorow

Different type of RX failure

as I said:

Thanks for this. If my board did this if i was near full throttle, or accelerating, i would definitely DIE–6kw dual drive.

I would like to see your work make it into the official firmware, not sure how all the logistics of that kind of thing works though… Seems like it can get… messy.

Also, E1Allen — Wear more gear. It’s WORTH IT.

(You guys and your miles) The rest of the planet think in kilometers… Jesus, Mary and Joseph… 59.5 Kph !!

Mannnnn you are lucky you came out of this one, Miguel. :astonished: Catapulting at 60 kilometers and up hill ??? Best wishes and full recovery. :+1:

1 Like

Freedom Units, my friend. Freedom Units.

Why don’t you think one big thing should be 5280 medium things (sometimes 6046 or 6080 though) and 1 medium thing should be 12 small things?

/s

4 Likes

England uses MPH too so it’s not just the US

2 Likes

My mind-set is for kilometers…je…je… Seen the number in miles doesn’t give me a real sense of the speed. When I see it in kilometers the perspective changes. 60 kilometers!! I’m speechless. The speed you reach on these things is incredible. :rocket:

I’ve been 72kph on my board but not uphill haha that’s crazy

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/voc4eo8ajjbozdfkadnz.gif

4 Likes

Either that’s a camera trick or he’s going 100+kph that looks like my car on the highway lol

1 Like

???

You should tell more details about your crash and setup. Now I read you have 4 receivers. That could be a issue and also the root cause. Sadly we don’t know how their protocol work. But if they work with acknowledges then the receiver will get 4 instead of one which can confuse it or lead to software exceptions. And do you have a carbon Fibre enclosure?

2 Likes

Pychotiller enclosure (abs I believe) , I was using 2 receivers when I was on your firmware .

And what happened with my firmware exactly? And are the vesc also connected by CAN?

But when I think about it sounds to me that your remote is the root cause. Maybe loose wire or bent antenna.

Was going 30ish on my way to jerry house and I was to close to the sidewalk like the edge I was not on the road so I tried to move a bit so I can you know make it without hitting the curb and then my board when into full reverse causing me to drift land on my ankle saw the board hit the curb and then Launch right after hitting the other side of the curb and fly 5 feet into the air (no idea what that was all about, not blaming anyone giving u the benifit of the doubt and so I ordered a new remote and just had stock firmware )

1 Like

No camera trick my boy. Actually he (Zak Maytum) was soaring close to 112 Kph (70 Mph) in this famous longboard ride which took place in a downhill attempt in Colorado. Here’s the vid…

https://youtu.be/NgMSnFxvzTc

…take a closer look at 1:39 min, to the right, the road sign reads 30 Mph !

5 Likes

Did you run firmware 2.54 or 3.100?